||Chapter 28.1!!||

||Y/n's P.o.v||

When we went back into the classroom, some of us took out our phones to watch Kayano's old movies, while others crowded around and watched. Karma and I remained in the back and watched on of her performances. I stared at her intently while she acted in the scene. She was throwing at fit at another actor, and she did it beautifully. I felt stupid, how could I have not have noticed a single thing was up with her? Sure, I had that nagging hatred, but that wasn't enough to know...to know her physical pain, to know that she acting. Maybe if I had known...I could have talked to her privately, and told her to be her true self and maybe I could even help her in some way. Now though, everything is in shambles.

Karma poked me in the head. I looked over at him, and waited for him to speak. "Don't beat yourself up N/n-chan..." He told me while still looking at the video. I felt myself blush and I too looked back at the video. 'How did he know...' I wondered.

"Koro Sensei..." Mimura spoke up, "Kayano called you a murderer. What happened in the past?"

I turned off my phone and looked up at Koro Sensei. I wanted to know that exact thing too.

"We've built up trust with you for so long now, so we won't doubt you:" Maheara added.

"But you have to tell us about your past." Katoaka insisted.

I nodded firmly, "Yea, it's only fair. We, as your students have a right to know what happened." I expressed.

"Y/n's right. If you don't, no one will be able to accept the current situation." Isogai told him, "That's where we're at right now."

Silence fell over the class room for a few seconds before Koro Sensei lowered his head a bit and said, "Very, well. I'll tell you everything about my past. But before that, Kayano is an important member of the E Class. I will tell you when everyone in the class is together." He diverted from the subject. I crossed my arms in annoyance, but I knew deep down that Koro Sensei meant well. Whatever his past was it was probably long and painful, and something he didn't want to have to say more than once.

Koro Sensei's phone buzzed in his pocket at he picked up and to read it. Without him even saying it, I already knew who it was. It was Kayano...

🌸🌸🌸

It's 7 p.m. and Me, my classmates, Koro Sensei and both professor bitch and Mr K were all gathered at the field of zebra grass in the back of the hills. It was a bit chilly and I regretted not bringing a a jacket other than my sweater, but there she was, mere feet away from us all. Our classmate, who some had grown to love and become friends with, Kaeda Kayano.

She turned around to face us with a smile on her face, "So you came..." She said, "Then, let's end this."

The wind around her, blew her hair in every direction, and a chill ran up my spin from the cold. I held my arms to try and warm myself up with little success.

Kayano used her tentacles to swipe at the knee leth grass across from her. I jumped at the sudden action.

"Koro Sensei, I'm the only one who gave you your name. I'm practically your mother, so I'll scold you and destroy you." She spoke to him once again.

"Kayano, it is too dangerous to keep using those tentacles!" He warned her, "If you do not remove them and get treated immediately, your life could be in danger!"

"What are you talking about? They're in excellent condition. It's no use trying to make me lose my composure with a bluff."

'but...He's not bluffing...' I thought, 'You were there when we saw what happened to Itona...Don't you think that will happen to you eventually? Don't you care?'

"Kayano..." Nagisa called out to her softly, "Was it all an act?Even when were having fun? Over coming trials together with everyone?"

I felt my heart ache when he asked that. He sounded so distraught, like...he enjoyed his time more with her than he did with me. I know that in situation we were in currently, asking something like that was only natural, but it still hurt to hear him ask another girl that. I looked at Kayano from her answer, and she smiled happily,

"It was all an act. I am an actor, after all." She told him, "When Nagisa was defeated by Mr. Kataoka, I was so irritated, I wanted to joining the fight, too. When I was kidnapped by the delinquents, and when i was kicked by the Reaper, I was so angry. I wanted to kill them. But I bore it and acted like a frail girl. Because if my identity was found out before I killed him, I wouldn't be able to avenge my sister."

"Your sister...Miss Yukimura?" Fuwa asked her nervously.

"It was so unfortunate that she was killed my Koro Sensei." Kayano muttered.

Although she sounded so sure of herself, I didn't believe her. All this time, Koro Sensei had not killed a single person, even thought he had plenty of excuses and reasons to do so. He could hae killed the reaper if he wanted, but he didn't. He could have killed all the other assassins, and Mr. Takaoka too, but he didn't either. He even said towards the beginning of the year he could hurt and kill our families if he wanted to, but he never followed through on that. There were too many times that Koro Sensei could have killed, but instead he settled for killing a school teacher of a bunch of delinquent middle schoolers? That just didn't sit right with me, not even if Kayno did believe it.

"She loved being a teacher." Kayano added.

I could hear the slightest bit of sadness in her voice, though I was sure she was trying to cover it up with her acting. "I heard a little about you all, too."

"We know, Kayano. In march of our second year, we only had her for two short weeks, but she was a very passionate and good teacher." Takebayashi told her.

I slept through most of my classes when she was a teaching us, but sometimes I heard her in my dreams when she was scolding Nakamura for pointed out how lame her shirts were. I felt a wave of sadness hit me. Looking back now, I wish I had been a better student for her like how I was for Koro Sensei...I wish I had been awake more, even if it was just for the first 30 minutes of class. She made me stay after school everyday to review the lessons because I had slept through everything and at the time I was so annoyed, but now...I don't know, now it's different. I feel bad for being such a whiny brat...

"Would Koro Sensei kill Miss Yukimura just like that? He's never done anything that cruel infront of us before." Sugino tried to reason with Kayano.

"Right? At least hear him out, Kaede." Kurahashi told her.

"He was a teacher who even came all the way to my house when I was suspended." Karma added.

I nodded my head in agreement,

"They're all right!! There have been many opportunities where Koro Sensei could have killed people and he didn't!! Maybe there was a misunderstanding!!" I told her.

"Are you really okay with this? I can't imagine what you're doing now is the best way to solve this as an assassin." Karma told her.

The look on Kayano's face as she stared at the ground, it kind of scared me, and subconsciously, I grabbed onto Karma's arm as my fear began to heighten. She kind of looked like she wanted to kill us all.

"Your body probably feels hot, with just the nape of your neck cold. It's the abnormal metabolism characteristic of those with implanted tentacles. If you fight in that condition you'll really be in trouble. You'll lose control with the heat and intense pain, and your life force will be sucked out by the tentacles. Worst-case..." Itona trailed off.

Oh no...Just as he said that, the ends of her tentacles lit on fire. I gripped onto Karma's arm tighter.

"Shut up..." She told us. "Outsiders should be quiet."

I took a step back while also still holding onto Karma. I didn't want to get burnt. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to cut this bad boy up into parts because it's a bit long.