crushes by the coast

"Hey sis!" Evan said into his phone, "how's the dojo? and Ianna and O'ryan? good? good. hm? not much over here. you guys still coming? at the airport? cool! the noise in the background? oh just my new friend. yelling."

Aiga was in fact yelling. but ranting was a better word for it. ranting about how immature Ranjiro was. and Fubuki. not to mention Xavier and Laban.

"CAN YOU BELIEVE THEM EVAN?" he roared, "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY SPEECH! ME AND ACHILLES'LL HAVE TO REMIND THEM WHY WE'RE CHAMPIONS! RIGHT EVAN?"

Evan held up a finger still talking with his older sister. that had been going on for an hour. but then again Aiga had been yelling for three.

"GET OFF THE PHONE!" Aiga snapped, "YOU'VE BEEN ON IT FOR AN HOUR!"

"you've been yelling for three" Evan replied hanging up the phone, "it's nearly twelve already. and the party starts at let's see, 5. we have some stuff to do tomorrow so, I'm going to sleep."

and that happened. Aiga grumbled around for another hour but he to fell asleep. the next morning Evan and Aiga did do some stuff, I.E., meet-n-greets, shopping for food, and more importantly looking at dance videos. what? they were fifteen-year-old guys who dropped out of public school at 13. you know. before homecoming rolled around.

"I think it goes like this" Evan said

"no this!" Aiga snapped back "see?"

"screw it!" Evan yelled, "I'll just bring my guitar."

"a guitar?"

"Yeah, I have an electric one. maybe I could play it at the party."

"Cool."

which he did. extremely well. you know I could tell you about what happened at the beginning of the party, or what happened before that, but I'll skip to the good stuff. the slow dance.

"hey Aiga." Evan said sitting down next to Aiga on the sidelines, "kind of sucks you know?"

"huh?" Aiga asked confused, "the dance is amazing! and you played great!"

"okay one," Evan replied, "you haven't moved at all. and two I only get to play one more song. which I don't know what to play."

"uh just play I don't know, how something like the last one you played.

*sigh* "no creativity. Aiga if you have anything else idiotic to say refrain from it. I can't do the same thing again. It'll destroy my reputation!"

"okay a little overboard. but honestly I don't care as long as- know what never mind." 

"as long as it'll get you a dance with Nika?"

"what? I- well- how'd-"

"I know? I'm a genius. also people would get bored with my books if there were no romance."

"huh. weird."

"people are weird. think I know what I want to do though. you my friend just go!"

shove! Aiga stumbled through the crowd. now or never. there would probably be no more slow dances of the night, one, most had already been run through, and two, since most of this party had been run by teenagers who hadn't really thought about it. not exactly the brightest this generation.

and then he saw Nika. dressed in her best. pink leather jacket, ripped black jeans. high heel boots, and of course her little star braids. okay maybe not her best, but best for a teen party. Aiga got butterflies in his stomach. which seemed to be leading him away. but before he could get farther than two feet a sharp burning pain in his leg. he took limitless Achilles out of his pocket, which was glowing and rapidly heating up. Achilles had an opinion.

pussy. Achilles voice echoed in his head, go talk to her. dance with her.

I haven't seen her in years! Aiga replied

and?

I barely know anything about her!

her name is Nika. she has pink hair in star braids. her bey is Warrioress Nike.

how'd you know that?

Nike and Nika have a strong bond. now go talk to her or I'll light your pants on fire.

either embarrassment by asking his crush for a dance or embarrassment via pants on fire. which would you choose?

"uh hey Nika." Aiga stuttered, "I was wondering-"

Evan saw, up on the stage, Aiga was talking to Nika. having no sense of where the conversation was he began playing the piano. intuition is a wonderful thing.

"if you wanted to dance."

"I'd love to Aiga!" Nika replied before shifting into a goofy english accent, "shall we my good sir?"

"we shall my good lady." Aiga said in an equally silly accent.

and it lasted like that. for four minutes. four minutes of heaven.