opening day

silence shrouded all the bladers. Aiga. the champion blader. in a draw with some kid from New York City. no one knew what to think about that. should they have had another fight? in terms of the rules yes. did they? nope.

"does he do this every time?" Aiga asked, "or is it just me?"

yes. again, being burned out from the resonance overload, he fell asleep. it was getting pretty annoying at this point. but at least that meant someone else could have a turn to battle. namely Rantaro and Dante. but really after those phenomanal battles nothing really was that special.

the days went by as Aiga and O'ryan trained. and trained. and trained. everyone did. but they're goals dimmed in comparison to Aiga and O'ryan's. Aiga had something to keep fighting for. something he could never let go of in fear of him being seen as weak. O'Ryan had something to prove. he was just the kid from Brooklyn, a nobody, who was trying to climb to the top. he did not go through this much pain just to fall back down. if anything no one else compared to the resonance beaming off of them.

then opening day came. everyone from America to Japan to England came. there was no denying that this tournament would have some of the biggest fights since Valt's Champion fight with Shu and Aiga's battle with Phi. big I know. Aiga and Evan wandered the crowd signing autograohs, meeting old friends, and trading tips with some of the new bladers that showed up, such as Russia's own Pietro Fedorov, and his bey Artic Pirate, and England's Tom Samuel, and his Diamond Troll. things were shaping up to be one of the best tournaments in a while.

"AIGA AKABANE" a voice cried through the crowd, "what where you thinking?"

Lizzy marched straight up to Aiga gritting her teeth. she glared at Aiga for a couple seconds before starting her rant.

"that launch stance??" Lizzy asked exasperated, "I trained O'ryan! of course he'd know that stance. you didn't want to use it anyway! so why did you use it?"

"well since you trained O'ryan I thought that you'd teach me sometehing useful against him." Aiga argued, "isn't that why Evan brought you in?"

"teaching weaknesses cost extra." Lizzy said, "and I was giving you a discount in the first place."

"Evan, what the hell?"

"hey look the speech is starting!"

Alice stepped up to the podium looking out to the crowd around her. if it wasn't for O'ryan convincing her that this was a good sponsorship she never would've been out here. it was not a good sponsorship. the transportation costs alone were enough to put her out of business if she sponsored when she started her beauty products business. but it was some good publicity.

"good morning all you bey fans!" Alice said putting on her best charming face, "hope your all ready for a battle for the ages. many old and new bladers alike will be participating in this week long tournament. not only will the winner of this tournament get a week long getaway to a remote island, and three thousand in your national currency, but also the title of Beyblade Champion! the first matches will be showed on screen."

the huge flat screen above Alice turned on, revealing a bracket.  they zoomed in on the preliminaries.

"first up it's Tom Samuel against Dante Koryu. then Pietro Fedorov versus Valt Aoi. Hikaru Hizashi versus Hyuga Hizashi. Aiga Akabane versus Rantaro Kiyama,"

after that Alice went on to list out others, but Aiga's mind was already working on a strategy to beat Rantaro. while everybody went on about their business, Aiga and Evan went to their cabin to work out a plan to beat Rantaro. then Lizzy showed up.

"alright!" she said marching into the living room, "time for you to redeem yourself!"

"uh Lizzy?" Evan said, "I'm not paying you this time."

"I know!" Lizzy barked back, "but I need a little payback."