payback?

"Blazing Ragnaruk is a light low sitting stamina type bey," Liz explained like an army general, "he also has attack type characteristics, like some of his counter attacks and even a special Blaze mode. if you can get up onto him via aerial attacks you can probably get a couple survival wins."

"okay, can you explain this payback?" Evan asked, "what's up with you and Rantaro?"

"don't ask!" she snapped looking over some more blueprints, "he just ticked me off, that's all you need to know!"

"okay. how?"

"you want my help?"

"yeah, but-"

"then sit down, and shut up, buster!"

Evan plopped back onto the couch. he looked at Aiga and shrugged. Aiga was scribbling down a couple notes, and wasn't all too concerned about this 'payback'.

"you should probably try to avoid activation his Blaze mode, that makes his drifts crazy fast. it does chip down his stamina a bit faster, so that's a plus. his Blazing counter is a heavy hitter. one hit is enough to send you flying. but if you can recover easily, than don't be too concerned."

"give him a little payback?" Evan asked sarcastically which resulted in a marker getting thrown at him, "ouch! okay sorry. yeesh."

"Rantaro's stance-" Liz went on to explain before quietly muttering under her breath not so quietly, "is that of an censored who stands girls up on dates-" 

"he what?!" Evan asked jumping up, "Rantaro did what to you?!?"

Liz ignored Evan and went on to explain all the pros and cons to his stance, but stopped when Evan grabbed her shoulder. she whipped around tears in her eyes.

"what did he do?" Evan asked looking her in the eyes his hands on her shoulders, "if you want to help you have to tell us."

"I- he- well-" Liz stuttered before taking a deep breath and letting it all spill out.

when Liz was training Ranjiro that she apparently was so nice and the Kiyamas were low on cash after a spending spree on suckers, Rantaro decided to take her to meet some professional bladers he knew. Liz jokingly asked if it was a date, and Rantaro said "um... yeah! sure!". Liz was caught off guard, yet still excited. they were going to meet outside by train station 74 the next day. Liz showed up. Rantaro didn't.

"that piece of crap," Evan growled "at least tell me you got a bit of payment."

"nope." Liz mumbled sitting on the couch, "like I said they were low on cash, and I just couldn't. we didn't talk at all after that."

"well on the bright side," Aiga said trying to cheer her up, "there's Evan here!"

the two just looked at Aiga for a couple of moments.

"okay sweet sentiment," Liz replied, "but I have a girlfriend now."

"and I play matchmaker better," Evan replied, "speaking of which is that Nika at the door?"

"what?!?" Aiga asked all of a sudden flustered, "do I have something on my face? I do don't I? don't let her in until I wipe it off!"

Evan burst out laughing, and Aiga realizing what happened started yelling at him a bit.

like brothers, Liz thought