Chapter 11

"Fortunately or unfortunately, both Malfoy and Potter had been put under the same mentor, unbelievably. Someone must be plotting against them!" Astoria mimicked a dramatic host. Astoria was the light between Malfoy and Potter, she was the link between the two. Astoria giggled and hopped away, grinning as she did. Theoretically, Astoria was also put in the same team as the two, but just ignores that fact that she is. "Draco! Harry! Look!" Astoria pointed to a man in his late thirties, his untamed black hair slicked back, forehead wide for show. "Is'h he our men'or?" Astoria frowned, only half of her mouth was opened when she spoke. Astoria crossed he arms over her chest and huffed. Draco ruffled her hair and walked in front of her.

"Sir." The man looked up from the papers he was reading. "Ah, Malfoy, nice to see you again. And Greengrass!" He hugged Astoria at the sight of her. Astoria scrambled under his arms and seethed. "No, go away! Jerk!" He laughed. "Potter! You're all under me, yes?" Astoria bit her lips. Oh why did she have to be under him? "Who's he to you?" Harry inquired. Draco scrunched his nose and replied for Astoria. "Her unbelievably annoying cousin. He's a load of chatterbox," He explained. Harry raised a brow and chuckled. "Oh really? I shouldn't doubt you, should I?" Draco flicked Harry's glasses and Harry stumbled back. "Why you git!" Astoria laughter filled the office, as well as their mentor's. "Haha, that's enough for now you two." He cleared his throat and started again. "I'm Sethen Greengrass, just Seth is fine, no need for formalities. So, a question — what department are you interested in? Why become a healer?"

"Huh? I just want to, can't I? You're no help to Daphne..." Seth patted Astoria on the shoulders and wiped an invisible tear. Astoria whacked her cousin and started a fight with him. "Uh, me first, I guess?" Harry stepped up. But behind him, Draco was slowly backing up when the cousins fought. Right arguments. Astoria stopped Seth and looked at Draco, concerned. Harry also turned around. Draco's hands trembled, the scars on his face at this moment stood out for some reason. "Draco, sorry, I just- Seth!" Astoria gestured panic-ly at Seth. Seth coughed and apologized for his behaviour and Draco looked into Astoria's eyes then at Harry. Never once at Seth. Draco sucked in a breath and exhaled shakily. "Sorry, just flashbacks..." Harry's eyes rested on Draco's hands. "No, it fine. I have them too," Harry's head moved awkwardly. Draco noded and Seth rubbed his neck. It was a weird atmosphere. Harry also tensed. Astoria assumed he hated the silence and spoke up. "Anyway, yeah, I want to become a Healer to help, of course, but mostly because of Daphne. For her. She actually also wanted to be a Healer but..." And now Astoria herself was awkward. She just worsened the situation. Seth glanced at the three. All of them were victims of the War. Seth smiled thoughtfully and said, "You are all brave. You survived. Stop brooding over the past and look into the future. What you do now affects your future. Stay positive. There are people who care about you. Me! I'm one of them. No come on, tell me your ambitions."