Bars and Planning

"Bourbon?" The bartender asked Percy as he sat down.

     "Of course."

      "I'll have a martini." Zoë said.

     The bartender nodded and brought them their drinks. Percy turned in his seat and looked at the rest of the bar. People were sitting, drinking, playing pool, or laughing with their friends. But one thing they all had in common is they all looked over as Zoë at some point. Every single one of them. Guess the black dress matched with a leather jacket was a fashion statement they could get behind. Or maybe it was the silver mask that covered half of her face. Or maybe they were just horny.

     "This whole bar would kill to sit with you." He noted.

      "How fun. Should we give them knives or let them use their fists?"

     "That's the spirit." Percy smiled. He turned back around and took a sip of his drink.

      "Memories, huh?" Zoë said.

      "Yeah. I kind of miss it."

      "I think you more than kind of miss it. I haven't heard you play the piano since Lux. You haven't sung, you barely dance, I think you don't like it over in the other creation."

       Percy sighed and placed his drink on the bar counter. He watched as the bourbon spun till it was still. "I guess... I guess managing a whole universe isn't my gig. I mean, I pretty much gave up Hell. Whatever happened to that since we've been gone." He trailed off topic. "Maybe running a kingdom isn't my thing."

       Zoë put down her martini. She reached out and put a hand on his shoulder. "Then why do you continue to do it?"

       Percy let out a deep breath. "Maybe, maybe I wanted to impress dad. I mean, this was his business, and I helped. I guess I thought that was what my purpose was. But now..."

       "You were the Angel of Music! That's what you did. That's who you were before you fell."

       "I was, yes. I sang. Oh, how I sang." Percy looked to be lost in memories. "I performed, I played, I entertained."

       "That's who you are. Not a creator. A musician, an entertainer."

      Percy picked up the glass and took another drink. "Yeah. I am." Percy put down the glass. "When all of this is over, it's back to Los Angeles. I think they are ready for an encore." he turned to Zoë. "Will you join me?"

      Zoë smiled. "Do you even have to ask?"

     Percy smiled as well. "No, I suppose not." He finished the glass of bourbon. "Should I order us one more round?"

      "Please, Just one? We know how that always turns out."

     "Then I'll order six and we won't have to pretend."

      "You bet."

      Percy ordered another six of each and handed the bartender five hundred. "Keep the change. It's just money." He told him when the bartender looked on in surprise.

     "You know, this is going to be more complicated than we thought." He said.

     "What do you mean?"

      "Gaia has kidnapped the four horsemen. She plans to start the apocalypse. Or at least, she used to."

      "What do you mean, used to?"

      "Death was freed. Now things will stay dead. Which makes me feel better."

     "What about his doors?"