Chapter 1 - Big Talk

"If profit doesn't increase, we will be closing your branch." Michael Parkson stated with his crumb filled 70's porn mustache. He absolutely repulsed you with his executive strut and the way his ego radiated like mustard gas in the room.

"Michael, C'mon! We need more time, we just can't think of the next best thing in two weeks!" You shouted and Tessa looked at you from the chair across yours and shook her head. Tessa and you have been running the environmental innovation department at Stark industry for the last five years.

"Oh no?" Michael stared you down, he knew how you felt about him, you've always made your distaste very clear. "If you can't do what the company is asking, then maybe it would just be easier to shut it down now."

You tasted the blood in your mouth from biting your cheek. It's taking all you have to not let your words fly out like venom. "No Michael please," Tessa chimed in with her cheerful voice, "We appreciate the time frame and we'll work day in and day out to improve our profit and highlight our importance to Stark industries."

My eyes were like daggers as she spoke to Michael. I could see his belly bloating from the consumption of her complimentary tone and obedient words. " Thank you Tessa," he glanced at me, "You really should take notes from her Y/N, she's going places." If you didn't know any better you would say Tessa almost blushed at the compliment.

He picked up his laptop from in front of him and walked out of the glass meeting room. When the door shut behind him you quickly turned to Tessa. " How did that taste?"

"Y/N.. please.. don't start.." Tessa pleaded as she started to gather her papers.

"Well, I'm just curious since your lips were on his ass the entire meeting." You stood up abruptly and walked to Tessa and helped her.

She let out a deep breathe, " He threatened our jobs. What did you want me to do?"

"Not just play dead, let him know his budget cuts is what is creating the lack of merchandise in our area." You held the door open for her and continued to talk as you walk through the cubicles in the office and proceeded to the elevator. " They're putting all of their funding into the Stark Convention," The elevator doors begin to open and you face Tessa, "A convention for what? To help Stark's fucking eco? To help him get his dick sucked a little more?" Tessa turned to the elevator and her face became stone. You grabbed at one of the file folders that started to fall from her hands, "What the hell Tes..." Before you finished the sentence you looked up and there was no one other then Tony Stark. His arms were crossed in the entrance of the elevator and he was looking at you through his designer sunglasses.

"Mr. S-S-Stark, " Tessa nodded at him. He took his sunglasses off still staring you down.

There has not been many times in your life you were left speechless, but this was one of them.