Chapter 24 - Lost Hope

It was only a matter of minutes before Spiderman had you rushed into the Hospital where paramedics and trauma nurses were on site waiting for you.

You were set into a stretcher and immediately they began to resussate and rush you into surgery. Shortly following through the doors was Happy with Tony and Fury. They took Tony but he tried to wave them off. "Where is she?" He asked them. "Is she ok?"

"I apologize Mr. Stark but we can't disclose medical information." The nurse tried to tell him but he wouldn't listen. He began causing a scene and refused any help for himself before he knew you would be ok. Happy left for a few minutes to change clothes and when he arrived back at the hospital he also had one of Tony's arc reactors in his hands. "I broke into your lab." Tony looked furious. "Listen Tony you won't be alive long enough to find out if they can help her if you don't put it in." Tony stared at Happy and processed his words, with resistance, he placed his spare arc reactor in his chest and sat in the waiting area. He was silent for a few minutes before telling Fury, "If she dies, I'm taking it out."

"Don't you think you're being over dramatic Tony?" Fury addressed him sternly. "People lose their love ones everyday. It will hurt but you can still move on and live a happy life."

Tony didn't respond but his expression didn't change.
___________

"I am getting a heart beat." A nurse shouted to a Doctor who set up a Total artificial heart machine. The machine is placed outside your body and helps to replace the lower valves of your heart that was damaged.

"There was no bullet detected in the x ray." A surgical assistance shouted.

"Hemorrhagic shock is now under control." A provider shouted. "20% of the blood has been restored."

Hooked up to various machines you remained in a medical induced coma while being wheeled into your room in the ICU. After the provider cleaned up he walked out to the waiting room.

"Is there a relative?" All four, spiderman, Fury, Tony, and Happy all stood up. The provider was hesitant but proceeded on.

"The surgery was as successful as if could be." Spiderman cheered. "She is going to make it Mr. Stark." He patted him on the back still in full costume.

"Not quite." The provider interrupted. "Right now she is on an artificial heart to help support the damage to her lower chambers. She also lost a large amount of blood and due to being pronounced dead upon arrival will have a long road to recovery. She will remain in a medical coma until her body can recover."

The tension in the room changed hearing the reality of the situation. "I want to be honest with you. Things may take a turn at any point and if she pulls through, life may never be the same for her."

"Can I see her?" Tony asked

"We want to see her stabilized for at least 12 hours prior to any visitors." The doctor advised.

"I will give you a million dollars right now if you let me see her." Tony stated to the Dr.

"As much as I would appreciate it Mr. Stark. This isn't up for negotiation." With that he walked away and Tony sat back down.

"C'mon Tony." Happy gestured for him to follow. "Let's get you some rest for your visit tomorrow."

"No, I'm waiting here." Tony looked at him. "Something may change at any point and If it does I want to know."

No one tried to talk Tony out of staying. "I'll get you a blanket from your house sir and a meal."
With that Spiderman and Happy went out to his car. Fury now sat down next to Tony, "sorry for what I said earlier about being over dramatic." He didn't look at Tony as he spoke but in the distance. "Love is one of the few things in this universe I can never fully comprehend." He cleared his throat. "But just remember, as much as you love her, people love you the same."

With that Fury stood up and before he made his way out the door he heared Tony's voice. "Does that mean you love me Fury?" It was in Tony's sarcastic tone that made Fury smile as he walked out of the hospital.