Chapter 2 - Speechless

His brown eyes were like daggers, you could feel them piercing your body. As he took a step out of the elevator and proceeded towards you, you couldn't get a read on what he was thinking. "What's your name?" He was now biting the end of his sunglasses as he walked around you, scanning you up and down in the processs.

" I'm..." You began to speak but a voice erupted behind you. "Tony! There you are!" Another rarity occurred today, you were relived to hear Michael's voice. Michael walked up to Tony and shook his hand, focusing Tony's attention off of you.

" Y/N, Tessa, I think you both have work to do." Michael pointed to the elevator and Tessa responded, " Yes Sir", she grabbed your hand and pulled you in, " Right away." As you walked in the elevator you could still feel his gaze lingering on you but you kept your gaze on the elevator floor until you heard the doors shut. When you looked up Tessa just finish hitting the Lower Level (LL) button and turned to you abruptly.

She was absoluely enraged, " Well we mine as well start packing up our offices now!" Her face turned red and she was even spitting as the words left her lips, "What were you thinking Y/N? He owns the entire bloody company!"

"Tessa, I am so sorry." you were being genuine, "You know me! I just care so deeply about our work and our department." Her face began to regain it's original completion, "I was upset from the meeting today and I wasn't thinking." Her arms crossed even with the manilla folders in her hand, "Obviously." She retorted.

The elevator doors opened, and you each stepped out and grabbed the white lab coat and googles that hung in the middle of a large glass door. You placed the lab coat over your white blouse and black skirt. You looked over at Tessa who was changing into flats. She pointed at your 5 inch black stilettoes , "Normally I would feel sorry for you." She stood up with her heels in one hand and the folders in the other, all while effortlessly placing her thumb print on the door scanner. When the door opened it revealed a long hallway but instead of wood or carpeting it was made of metal grate.

You placed your finger print on the door next and attempted to follow Tessa but your heels kept landing in the cracks of the grate with each step. Down the hallway she turned into her office and watched as you attempt to meet her. You got her to smile a few times when you were positive you almost sprained your ankle. You would normally go barefoot in this situation but it's strictly prohibited and you were already walking on a tight rope, or in this case a metal grate, and you weren't sure which was worse.

" I'll work late tonight to try and come up with design ideas." You were almost panting when you finally made it to her office door, " As an apology." You panted and she finally succumbed to your wit.

"If you come up with the job saving invention, your apology will be accepted." You and Tessa both smiled at each other. She stepped into her office and shut the door behind her. You walked, a lose term at this point, a little further down the hall, where your office was located just adjectent to Tessa's. You could feel the relief instantly with the transition from the metal grate to the wood flooring of your office.

As you walked further into your office you even almost felt a tear of joy when you noticed your pair of white converse shoes next to your desk. You wasted no time sitting down on your black padded office chair. You took off your heels and noticed the heel was stripped from the numerous times of falling into the grate. You rubbed your feet a few times before sliding on your converse. You laid back as far as you could in your office chair and let out a sigh, it was going to be a long night. You sat back up and tossed your lab googles and they landed right on the draft papers scattered across your desk. You swore if it wasn't for the desk legs no one would even know the color of your desk from all the scattered paperwork.

"Alright," You grabbed a remote and began playing ACDC, "Time to get to work." The clock read 3:00pm and the lower level was bustling with noise from the other workers.

__________________________________________________________________________

You had to scrap three ideas that you feel could be successful but due to the budget conflict you knew they would never been approved. As the 5:00pm dismissal alarm rang, Tessa entered your office with a coffee. " I thought you may need this for your late night." The aroma of the beans filled the air and gave you a second wind of energy.

"Thank you Tessa," You looked at her as she set the cup on your desk. She took notice of the blank draft papers in front of you. "Mine look the same." She shook her head and walked to your office door, "Good Luck tonight." Then she shut your door behind her.

You drank, well actually chugged, the cup of coffee from Tessa but knew it wasn't enough. You went and filled up your Keurig machine and took notice that the LL was now as silent as church mass. You knew for the rest of the night you would be thr only one here. You added an espresso reusable K-Cup and watched as your mug filled. You took the first espresso shot quickly and changed the k-cup for another round. You grabbed the second one and took it to your desk. Your draft canvas was still blank and the clock was now 6:30pm. Suddenly you had an idea! You began to draw Michael, "Prick." You said as your pencil took to the paper.

8:00pm with three espressos in and your now sitting ontop of your desk, searching for any type of inspiration. You looked around the room a large fake plant, (you can't remember to drink water yourself so you cannot expect yourself to remember to water a plant), your computer, a glass wall, a picture of Tessa and I, office door, Tony Stark...., eco innovator award, wait "What!?" you jumped off your desk and walked toward your office door. Panic set in, unsure from the coffee or the probable chance you are about to lose your job. You opened your office door, "Mr. Stark, how can I help you?"