That Constant Threat..

Phil's Point of View:

Phil hated zombies.

He really hated zombies. He hated playing Five Nights at Freddy's with Dan because the robots were so freaky. He didn't like Slenderman all that much either. When he watched Dan playing a scary game alone, HE got scared just watching it. Phil really didn't like scary things at all.

Though, he really didn't mind scary things when Dan was around. Which is why he was so scared to lose Dan now.

If it wasn't the zombie apocalypse, Phil would be kind of okay if Dan left him. He would be able to handle things just fine; YouTube videos and all the house work. Everything would be fine. But it is the zombie apocalypse, and losing Dan would be devastating to Phil.

Sure, Phil had Tyler to talk to and all that, but Dan kept him right. It was hard to explain, but Dan understood Phil more than anyone else did.

Which is why he really, REALLY needed Dan around.

When Phil woke up to take the late night watch, making Dan go to his (they all switched makeshift sleeping bags) sleeping bag, he felt a ping of quilt. He hated how he and the two other boys had to get up every night to go on watch. He also knew that Dan rarely ever slept after watching first. Dan rarely slept at night before all this happened, but he slept a lot. He knew Dan hated this new sleep schedule with a passion. He tried to let Dan get as much sleep as possible, even if he doesn't sleep.

Like tonight.

Phil could see that Dan's breathing was irregular and he shifted a lot. Phil felt bad for Dan. He bet Dan wanted to sleep or be home, goofing off on his laptop.

A ping of sadness washed over Phil as he thought of being home. He wanted to be asleep in his cozy bed, waking up in the morning and stealing Dan's cereal, then sitting on their couch, Tumblring. He wanted to look for "Draw Phil Naked" pictures to save and use on his videos. He wanted to do a silly challenge with Dan, having a good time with his best friend. He wanted to do a Dil Howlter video and take care of their "son" (Poor Dil was now lost in cyberspace, paused for all of eternity). He wanted to spend all night just sitting on the couch, Tumblring with Dan or playing a game on the wii with him. Phil wanted everything to go back to normal.

But he could only wish. Nothing was going to go back to normal unless some magic wizard came and took away all the zombies.

They didn't live in World of Warcraft or anything like that, so wizards were just made up (even if Dan and Phil liked to believe that they were wizards like Harry Potter).

Phil stared down at London from the windowsill, sighing as a breeze flowed through the window. He closed his eyes at the brisk feeling and slowly opened his eyes again. The night was so peaceful, so quiet, it was hard to believe what was out there. Though, the only difference now is that there are no late night drivers or random people walking around. There were no street lights anymore or ambulances zooming by at random hours. All that was left was a zombie here and there, maybe a person screaming in the distance (which really freaked Phil out), and a gun shot.

When the moon got to the horizon, Phil decided that it was time to let Tyler take watch so he could sleep. Sure there wasn't much night left, but he still needed at least a couple hours in. Phil lifted from his spot and stretched, then walked to where Tyler was fast asleep.

"Tyler.. Tyler it's your turn for watch." Phil smiled as Tyler rolled over and groaned, rubbing his eyes. It was funny to watch Tyler wake up. Tyler would mumble about how his roots were showing and hated the apocalypse and really wanted a frappé. Somedays he'd complain about not having Troye to wake up to. Phil felt really bad on those days.

When Tyler got up from his sleeping bag and Phil got in, the feeling of sleep overwhelmed Phil. He hadn't realized how tried he actually was until his head hit the floor. His eyes closed and through the rest of the night, Phil dreamed of the world being normal and just being with Dan like they used to be.

It was as a bittersweet dream.