Only Hope Left

Tyler's Point of View:

Right, so Dan and Phil were MADE for each other.

There was no doubt in Tyler's mind that they should be dating if the damn apocalypse didn't happen. They were so cute together!

Maybe that was Tyler's point of view of it all, but he couldn't force them to come to terms with liking each other. It was like Destiel or Johnlock! They just don't realize how much they love each other yet.

But now, with zombies running rampant through the streets of London, they might never come to terms with it.

And the zombies were ruining his love life.

Tyler Oakley had just started dating the wonderful Troye Sivan. It was almost like yesterday (actually, it was nine months ago). Tyler and Troye were in Florida with Dan and Phil (doing what, no one knows. They all just needed a vacation). Dan and Phil had crashed early from all the fun they had at Disney World. Troye had grabbed Tyler's wrist and snuck out of the resort hotel in the theme park and went walking around. They stood under Cinderella's castle as firework shot up into the air, surrounding both boys in bright, colorful lights, and loud booms from the fireworks. As they were coming to an end, Tyler had felt a hand on his cheek, turning his head to the right. There, his lips met Troye's. Until the end of the firework show, they stood there, holding a soft and tender kiss. When the show was over and they made it back to the room, they eagerly returned to kissing. They didn't make it to full on make out, bit it was a bit deep. The next morning, when they went to go ride more rides, Tyler and Troye held hands. Dan and Phil didn't say anything about it, only smiled. Phil did stop him later when Dan and Troye went to get ice cream for them and told him he was happy for them and think they're cute together.

But now, him and Troye were separated. Tyler was stuck in London until they figured out how to get out of the British Isles. All boats had left before they could get to any kind of water way, and none of them knew how to fly a plane if they found a working one. Helicopters were a no go either. There was no possible way to get out now unless someone from the outside were to come and get them.

That was unlikely. Almost as unlikely as Dan and Phil getting together. Unless Troye convinced some government official to come save them, they were trapped.

But the day faded, night came, and at almost sunrise, Tyler was woken up to take final watch. When he groaned and complained his way out of his warm sleeping bag, his whole body shivered at the cold air in the room. When he stretched, his dirty shirt rose above his stomach, causing another wave of shivers. Tyler watched Phil get in his sleeping bag and gave a sad smile. Six months of this same routine, and you could tell what it was doing to each boy.

Tyler could see the purple bags under both their eyes, and assumed that he had similar bags. Phil's pale skin was now darkened with dirt. Dan's fringe (and Phil's) were longer than normal, and refused to get it cut with a knife. Dan keeps insisting on using a clean pair of scissors. None of them would admit that sooner or later, they were all going to burn out and possibly give up. Tyler promised himself that he wouldn't give up until he knew for sure that he was never going to see Troye again.

Because that's what love does, right? It keeps fighting until there's no hope.

But Tyler almost didn't want to keep fighting if Dan and Phil gave up. The thought of being alone, with an one and a million chance of seeing Troye again if he was still alive, was haunting. He would have no one to talk to, share his fear with, and most of all, no one to watch his back. Sure, sharing food was tough, but sharing night watches and talking things out at the end of the day, those helped Tyler get through the rough nights and days. Right now, being alone was not an option.

While Dan and Phil slept, Tyler sat down on the floor under the window. The smell of mildew was strong, but he tried to ignore it. He heard the squeaking of a mouse somewhere in the room, but he didn't get up to go and chase it. It'd be useless to go after such a small creature in this hell hole. Maybe it was just trying to survive too?

Do zombies eat mice too? Or do they have a strict diet of only human flesh and brains? Tyler wasn't much of a zombie expert, but some days he felt like he had a little more knowledge about them than Dan or Phil.

Pushing onto his knees and twisting to look out the window, Tyler could see the sun start to rise. He knew that in a few more hours, he'd have to wake Dan and Phil up. Then they would decide if they had enough food or if they needed to get some, if this place was safe for another night or if they needed to leave, or if they needed anymore supplies at all.

Tyler watched the sun. This was maybe the only nice thing about the apocalypse. Every morning, he would wake up, listen to the room around him (usually hearing a small creature or just the breathing of Dan and Phil), and then watch the sunrise. He loved seeing the sky go dark to light, bringing a giant orange yellow orb above the horizon. It was a beautiful sight to see, and Tyler really loved seeing it every morning.

Tyler sighed. If only he could watch the sunrise with Troye.

And maybe have Dan and Phil together to wake it with him and his boyfriend.

One could only hope.