Don't Forget

Phil's Point of View

Dan had admitted to having feelings for Phil.

Dan loved him.

Phil couldn't believe it. It was almost like those FanFictions their subscribers posted on Tumblr all the time. It was a lot sweeter than in fairytale stories. No, the way Dan told Phil was most definitely like a FanFiction. Dan admitted his feelings, he kissed him, and then they spent the rest of the night kissing. It was truly magical.

Well, it was until those kids came and demanded they get out. He couldn't believe it! They were so mean, and they couldn't he more than 13 or 14 years old. They even hurt Tyler and Troye! What sick kid beats up some guys? It might be the zombie apocalypse but still, there's no need to go and hurt others who are minding their own business. 

And then there was Tyler and Troye. 

They were beyond anything Phil could imagine happening. Tyler was the worst of the two, obviously from the fact that he heard him wincing and groaning every time he tried to move in the night. It put a terrible feeling in Phil's stomach. You know when you feel like you could throw up, but it was kind of just stuck and had this terrible lump in your throat? Well it was like that but worse. Phil almost puked a couple times in his mouth because it was just guy wrenching to know how much pain his friend was in and he couldn't help. He was kind of happy that Troye wasn't making those sort of pained noises aside from the occasional pained wince. 

Before Sun up, when they planned on traveling, Dan and Phil had decided to go and gather anything they could find to possibly make Tyler and Troye more comfortable. They got really lucky and found some change of clothes and some clean water. When they woke the other two up and told them what they found, Phil had never seen such a look of relief and joy on Tyler or Troye's faces. They looked like they were offered immortality or something along those lines. It did take awhile for them to clean up (they water was rain water that was in a metal trash bin. No one complained. The clothes were just Dan and Phil's extra change of clothes) but that was alright. It gave Dan and Phil time to talk.

"I feel really bad," Dan said, looking down at the pavement. 

"It's not your fault, Dan. Neither of us knew what happened. We just figured they were okay." Phil reached out to hold Dan's hand. He squeezed the other's hand, trying to reassure him without letting him know he felt the same. He felt guilty about what happened and blamed himself for not going to look for them. They should have went out to search. They should have went out and maybe, just maybe, they would have found the two and saved them. Instead, they were selfish and let this happen to their friends.

When the two cleaned up and rejoined them, they decided to ditch the van and keep moving. That seemed to be the only way to survive: keep moving.

If you get comfortable somewhere, you're more than likely to die. Zombies don't move fast, so it's easy to our walk them, but now that they encountered another group of people, moving to new places regularly was going to be the only way they lived. If they don't keep moving, Phil didn't know who or what would get them first; the zombies or the corrupted living. 

Phil was slightly relaxed half the time. He was able to hold Dan's hand as they traveled, and Dan seemed more comfortable to curling up to him when they slept at night. He didn't know if Tyler noticed since he was one of many who wanted "Phan" to be real for so long. Phil didn't bring it up since they were still recovering.