Demolition Lovers

Dan's Point of View:

When Dan woke in the morning, he had nearly forgotten about Troye being there. Well, until he seen Tyler and Troye snuggled up together like the cute couple that they were. Dan couldn't help smile to himself at the sight. It was nice to see this silver lining during the whole zombie apocalypse.

Dan tried to sit up to stretch, but he was held down. He tried again, almost doing a sit up, but fell right back down. Dan almost started to panic until he seen that Phil was cuddling him like Tyler was cuddling Troye.

OhGodOhGodOhGodOhGod.

What was Dan supposed to do now? He didn't want to try and go back to sleep. He actually was fairly hungry and you know, had to go pee. This was not good. Not good at all. How are you supposed to wake your sleeping best friend and tell them to stop cuddling you?

In a moment of defeat, Dan rolled onto his side so that his back was against Phil's chest, and tried to relax. It was something else to be honest. Dan didn't know whether he liked this kinda of cuddling or not. Technically, the way that they were cuddling made Dan the little spoon. He really didn't want to admit that he kinda liked being the little spoon. Being the little spoon means you get surrounded by warmth and are held safely and you don't get hair in your mouth or a tired arm. You get all these comforting things and-

"Ffff-" Dan stopped himself from shouting out fuck.

Phil was breathing right against his neck. The back his neck; right where his hair ended. His hot breath was causing shivers to run down Dan back and other places. Dan kept trying to squirm away, pulling against Phil's arms, but Phil just held on. Dan could have sworn that his grip was getting tighter!

As a final resort, Dan attempted to pull apart Phil's fingers. When he got the other's hands unclasped around his middle, Dan literally rolled out of Phil's hold. His arms met with the cold ground and he shivered. The whole room was freezing and he just had to roll away from his heat source! Well... said heat source would have given him a boner if he hadn't rolled away, so Dan concluded that it was for the best.

Dan sat up then crawled over to his bag, pulling out a sweat shirt. Of course, it was dirty and smelly and a few holes, but it would serve the purpose to keep Dan warm. He made a new warm spot by his bag, bringing his knees to his chest and hugging his legs. He tried his best to keep all the heat to himself and not let the cold even touch him. It felt like forever until Dan stopped shaking from the cold, but when he did, he began to relax a bit. He really had to pee still, but staying warm was far more important to Dan.

Dan glanced at Tyler and Troye then back at Phil, smiling at little bit. He wished he had the courage to tell him how he felt. Sure, it took a lot of courage to shoot a zombie in the face, but this kind of courage was something else. The courage needed to tell Phil he loved him was need to be strong enough to hold his whole world. What would happen if he told Phil and was rejected? His world would crumble, and Dan needed that courage to hold him up, just in case.

"I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know just how much you mean to me
And after all the things we put each other through and-"

Dan let the last word fade as he realized what he was singing. His emo side began to show when he started singing "Demolition Lovers" by My Chemical Romance. He couldn't be this, but the song just came to him as he thought of Phil.

Dan groaned and rubbed his face, frustrated with everything. This was stupid. His thoughts were stupid. His lack of courage was stupid. My Chemical Romance breaking up in 2013 was stupid.. okay maybe that last one was all that stupid, seeing as Gerard Way and Frank Iero continued making music. And Ray Toro. Dan couldn't remember if Ray kept making music.