All For You

Dan's Point of View

Phil was going to live and that's all that mattered now. Dan managed to save his life and Tyler and Troye were helping to keep him well. Apparently, in the kitchen that Troye and Tyler had found, there were left over food. Tyler told Dan that there was enough to feed them for weeks. Dan hadn't believed at first, seeing as he still barely believed that Phil was going to be okay. When he followed Tyler there, well, he started to believe that for the first time in months, they going to actually be fine. And Tyler and Troye were amazing cooks. The soups they made was like taking a giant mouthfull of heaven and shoving it down your throat. There was so much flavor and it was warm and, Dan couldn't even begin to describe the tastes. Months of eating stale foods had made him forget what actual food tasted like. Dan wished they never had to go hungry again and could live off the food at the hotel. It wasn't everyday that they luckily stumbled into a slice of heaven, but they did have to leave.

Well, of course, they didn't leave without taking supplies first. They found clean water and filled their canteens, took some blankets that weren't blood or dirt stained, and packed whatever food they could find that couldn't spoil in time. Dan had looked back at the hotel as they walked away, a feeling of dread settling in his stomach quickly. They were leaving the safest place they had been in in a long time and now they were just walking away. It couldn't be helped, seeing as he had seen a group of zombies progressively getting closer, but they would have had another two weeks before the zombies figured out where they were. Why?

Dan sighed as they walked, missing the sound of the birds screaming their sweet songs. He almost missed the sounds of cars and the police cars that would go by, blaring their sirens even when he recorded his videos. The streets were quiet besides their rattling packs and the small conversation they had. It was as if no one wanted to really talk about anything.

Good, Dan thought. We just left our best safe house because we're all worried about the zombies.

Dan didn't really want to argue with them with wanting to be ahead of the zombies at all times, seeing as the time they didn't, Phil almost died...

Flashes of the crawler's talons digging into Phil's back, tearing skin and spraying blood. The sound of Phil screaming, crying out in pain, and the sound of bones snapping. Dan's stomach started to turn and tumble, giving the feeling of wanting to vomit everywhere. It was as if all the food he had eaten started to come back up.

"I got my ticket for the long way round. To bad the whiskey for the way.." Phil was limping, but it obviously wasn't enough to dull his mood to lighten the walking trip. It was still the same old Phil.

Dan smiled at his friend, the man he had so many feelings for that he was still trying to file through, and couldn't help but join in.

"And I sure would like some sweet company. And I'm leaving tomorrow, wha-do-ya say?"

Soon, all four boys were singing to CUPS like a bunch of dorks. Maybe not dorks, more like sporks, but it made everything seem a little normal. Singing a song all together, no matter which song, it seemed to make everything normal; like they were all in a car, driving who knows where to do who knows what, and passing the time as friends. Dan wanted it to be that, oh how he wanted it to be all four of them traveling to do something fun and not running away from death.

They almost finished the song when Dan started to cry. He didn't know why he had tears running down his cheeks, but in the moment, Dan was just consumed with a rooted sadness. The world was cruel.

"One more-" Phil said, cutting off before he could offer a second time to the singing. Dan was about to ask why he stopped, because honestly, he just wanted to keep singing.