Heart Eyes Howell Meets Love Eyes Lester

Dan's Point of View

Dan had made a list of the worst possible things to ever happen to him. It sort of looked something like this:

1: HELLO INTERNET (why did he allow himself to post that? Why did PHIL let him post that?!)

2: Every Existential Crisis he's ever had

3: Panic Button

4: The few times he had a chance encounter with death

5: The truth or dealer where Phil and him kissed and he was too shocked to kiss back.

6: The Raid (thanks Troye and Tyler)

Dan hadn't even guessed it much when Troye and Tyler didn't come back to the warehouse when night fell. They were both skilled enough to stay alive. Hell, Troye managed to stay alive while being alone. So Dan wasn't too worried about them. He also got to spend time with Phil.

Getting alone time with Phil was actually really nice. They hadn't been alone since the zombie apocalypse started. At first, Dan didn't really know what to do, but his brain had an idea (after Hello Internet, Dan didn't trust his brain a whole lot). This time, it seemed like his brain knew exactly what to do and what to make Dan say. 

Dan had walked up to Phil, face a bright red, and just held his hand. He didn't care that Phil was looking at the warehouse's wide array off books. He just held his best friend's hand. Phil didn't question what Dan was doing with his hand until Phil reached for a book and probably realized he couldn't read it without his other hand. That's when Dan's chance came. He grabbed the book from Phil before he could ask for his hand back and looked into Phil's eyes. They stared for awhile (like the Dean and Cas kind of stare). No one made a move until Dan couldn't take it anymore and kissed Phil. This time, it was Phil who seemed more shocked than Dan. Dan mentally praised himself for being this brave but didn't know what to do after they pulled away. What would Phil say? What if he didn't actually like Dan like that? What if he only kissed him as a dare? Nerves were build up until Dan just took the leap and pulled away.

When he pulled away, Dan realized that his kiss with Phil was nothing like in those romance movies that he would never admit to watching. He realized that he was really uncoordinated with it. His lips kind of hurt from pressing onto Phil's a bit too roughly, and he might have hit their teeth by accident. It wasn't that it was a sparking flying kiss, but more of an uncoordinated, amateur, rushed kiss. Dan felt like his whole body was shot with electricity. Something needed to happen, other than them doing the Destiel staring thing. 

Phil spoke first, saying, "if you wanted to kiss me, you could have said something instead of yanking my book away."

Dan huffed out a breath of relief. He wasn't mad, he just was kind of confused. So Dan looked at the book he took from Phil and said, "sorry, I was running on impulse. If I didn't act right away, I probably would have never done that." Dan tried his half smile as he looked back up at Phil, then continued, "I was.. when I was giving you the silent treatment, I was mad about you kissing me and acting like it was a joke or game. I... I..." his words caught and Phil was looking right at him. Dan didn't know if he could continue. He needed to continue.

"Phil..." he said quietly, before looking into his best friend's bright blue eyes. Say it, Dan, say it.