Slaughterbucks

Dan's Point of View:

"Look alive sunshine!"

Tyler's voice echoed through the flat, waking Dan from his sleep (if you could call it that. It was more like a nap).

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit!" Tyler continued, and Dan groaned. He ran his fingers through his greasy, dirty hair before sitting up. "Tyler, stop. You do this every morning. My Chemical Romance won't fix the zombie apocalypse. Emos can't fix everything, Tyler!"

Dan and Tyler both smiled and started to laugh as Phil groggily started to wake up. It always took Phil awhile to get woken up.

"Doesn't matter! We need to get up and get a move on! We also need to scrounge around for some food because after our tiny breakfast, we have nothing left." Tyler frowned and picked at his thumb nail. Dan guessed he felt guilty for having to share the news about their food supply. Anyone would feel bad for having to share that kind of thing, well, at least Dan would feel terrible about it.

"Right, right. I'll just change out of my night clothes and change into my zombie hunting gear, and then I'll be ready to go. Phil will probably take two hours." Phil complained and shouted 'hey!' at Dan for the insult, but he and everyone else knew it was true. So Dan wasted no time in rummaging through his bag and pulling out a pair of dirty, torn, worn out jeans (not skinny jeans) and a black tee shirt.

Dan didn't pay attention to Tyler or Phil as they changed. He didn't really care all that much (sort of). Dan pulled off his shirt and glanced down at himself. His ribs were more visible than ever. If he really wanted to, Dan bet he could count each and every one of them. He looked like one of those starved dogs on those ACPCA commercials. It was sickening to think that his body looked like one of those dogs, but he knew the reasons why he looked this way now. He knew it was because the lack of food. The post-apocalyptic world was doing terrible, terrible things on his body. And what made it worse was that he knew Phil and Tyler looked the same.

Phil had seemed the change the most, in Dan's opinion. His usually squishy face was hallowed out, and his little pudge (which was adorable) was all gone. None of his clothes fit, so they've had to raid clothing stores recently to find things that will fit. It was getting more and more difficult to find anything that fit now that their bodies had lost so much weight. If Dan had to guess, soon they'd be able to fit into women's clothing!

But Dan didn't treed on that thought for too long as he got his dirty shirt on and then put on new pants. He grabbed a shoe lace from his bag and tied it around his waist, helping keep his pants up since belts weren't fitting right anymore. At first, the shoe lace felt weird and Dan didn't know why he even thought of doing it, but now it was normal felt just like a normal belt used to.

"Alright, lets get a move on. I'll eat my handful of trail mix as we go." Dan rubbed his hands on his pants, getting as much dirt off as he could before getting his portion of mix.

Dan was able to finish breakfast quicker than he expected, so he strapped on his gun sling on his thigh and stuck his gun in it. Then he grabbed his knife and put it in its holster. Finally, Dan prayed to whatever god was out there that his friends and he would be safe.

-

"Today Tyler. Grab whatever we can and hurry. I swear I heard something." Dan's voice shook as he held his gun up, ready. He had heard rustling and something in the distance groan. He didn't like the sound of it at all. But they needed the food in the Starbucks and weren't going to leave until they got all that they could carry. Dan's back pack was filled with muffins and bagels that were no doubt already stale, but they were eatable from what Tyler said, so he didn't question it.

"Dan's right Tyler. We should-"

"Shut up! I heard something!" Dan whispered/shouted. Not too far off, Dan could see a pack of zombies. Dread and fear settled in Dan's stomach as he knew what would come next. The zombies where at the only way they could get out.

It was time to fight or die. Dan really liked living, so fighting was the only choice left-

A crash and the shattering of glass came from behind, along with Phil's scream (smooth Phil). A gun went off, Phil's, as he shot down a zombie. Phil had yet to kill one yet, so Dan feared his friend would bust out crying. But that thought could be considered later because two more came out from where the first came from.

There were two packs of zombies. One from the window, which was coming in now, and the other in the street, where they had to go.

"Tyler! Now! We have to go!" Dan shouted and shot down one zombie ad Phil took the other. Tyler shouted 'okay' and all three rushed out of Starbucks. He was glad Phil didn't have time to make a pun because he might of called it "Zombucks" or something (personally, Dan would have actually laughed if he called it "Slaughterbucks").

The group of YouTubers ran as fast as their legs would take them, and for a spilt second, Dan looked back to see three zombies leaving the shop and coming after them. In those milliseconds, the old, ugly face of clumsiness appeared and Dan fell. He swore in his head because in even a smaller amount of time, a zombie climbed onto of Dan. Dan screamed (very manly by the way) and struggle for his gun. Sadly, his gun was out of reach from falling, and his knife was too far on his waist to grab without fear of being bit.

Dan used his forearms to try and get the zombie off. In the back of his mind, he could hear gun shots, but none were coming to this zombitch's head. Dan kept fighting, but his efforts were becoming futile. The zombie was obviously strong, and he was weak from the lack of food.

All Dan could think doing was shout, "P-Phil!!"

The zombie's face got closer and Dan could see how ugly it was. The flesh was rotting for sure, and it smelt of sulfur and garbage. Like, nine week old garbage. The skin had a yellowish, green tint to it instead of the normal flesh color. The eyes were blood shot and yellow. The pupil was completely blown up and the iris was gone. The hair of the zombie was falling out in chunks, and what was left was knotted and clumped together by blood and mud. In the teeth, the zombie man had flesh and skin stuck between them, like when eating popcorn and the cornel shell got stuck between your teeth. They were yellow with plaque and had blood stains. His breath smelt of iron and dirt, and something else Dan couldn't name. It was disgusting and Dan thought of vomitting-

BANG!

The urge to vomit came as the zombie's blood and brains splattered on Dan's face. Dan could feel his blood rush away from his face and could feel a cold sweat start. His stomach twisted and turned as he was yanked up. A cool, metal thing was placed in his hand; his gun. The world around Dan spun and turned as Phil and Tyler pulled and yanked him, urging him to run. Dan could have sworn he was going to black out.

When they finally stopped running, taking refugee in another flat, Dan's body finally gave out. He dropped to his hands and knees and began vomiting on the ground. Mostly he puked up water and the little bit he ate this morning. The rest was dry heaving. When he finally got it out of his system, he crawled away from his puke pile and laid on his side on the floor, far away from the windows and door. Dan curled up around himself, bringing his knees to his chest as his body shook and his eyes started to water.

His eyes saw Phil but he didn't see him really. Dan's mind was else where. Phil was holding a strange shirt, but Dan didn't ask where he got it from. Gently, his face was cleaned, rubbing away the zombie blood and brains. Dan tried not to think of what was sticking to his face.

"I'm sorry Dan.. I'm so sorry.." Tyler looked down, his voice a mere whisper. Dan wanted to say it was fine, that he was fine, but it was a lie and his mouth wouldn't move. He feared he'd go into shock.

But Dan's mind went silent the moment his head was lifted and placed in Phil's thigh, his hair being touched and played with. Dan could feel Phil's fingers running through his oily ass hair, but he didn't mind. The feeling was relaxing and was calming to an extent. The comfort was helping Dan not have some kind of panic attack.

"Just relax Dan. Just relax. We're safe." Phil's voice was as smooth as honey. It was so sweet.

Dan's hand reached and gripped at Phil's pant leg. The cloth was twisted into his fist as he held onto his friend for life.

He didn't want to let go. He couldn't let go. Dan never wanted to let go of Phil. Ever.