Paint or Blood

Tyler's Point of View

After ten days of silence from Dan and Phil, Tyler was glad to see them making up from whatever Dan was mad about. Of course, Tyler had no idea why he would be mad at Phil, but it was whatever. He didn't want to get mixed up with their odd domestic fights. It was actually nice to be sitting in the warehouse with Troye, listening to Dan and Phil apologize over dumb things ("Dan, I'm sorry I used to steal your cereal." "Don't worry Phil, I used your shampoo a lot and I'm sorry." "Wait, the one that smelled like cherry blossoms?" "Yeah... Sorry about that." "Dan!").  It brought a smile to Tyler's face. He didn't know why, but it was just kind of... sweet, in its own way.

The warehouse was nice too, for apocalyptic building. There weren't many Windows or doors to board up, it was nice and warm, and there were quite a few things left from whoever deserted it. They were able to find blankets and a few pillows, a bit of food and random water bottles (they were sealed), clothes, and some shoes. Dan actually was able to find some ammo in the back and a couple.knives. It reminded Tyler of a flea market, what with all the little stands and finding so much stuff. He didn't know if the British called it something other than flea market, but whatever. It was nice and they actually had some stuff to use. They didn't have to leave right away, which was nice. Tyler's feet were sore from running and walking from place to place.

But the niceness didn't mean they didn't have to keep watch. The order now went: Dan, Phil, Tyler, Troye. Two people ended up sleeping together in one sleeping bag since they only had two. Tyler kept promising to make a third one soon, and now with a bunch of blankets, he could. But Tyler enjoyed being able to sleep curled up to Troye. All those months without him made the other boy long to be with him as much as he could, figuring any second could be their last. But, of course, Dan pestered Tyler about the third sleeping bag more and more often. Why? Tyler had no clue.

So, during his watch one night, he made another one and chucked it at Dan. Phil and Troye were laughing at the sound Tyler had made as he threw it and the sound Dan made getting smacked in the face with the bag. Phil said they both kind of sounded like dinosaurs falling, which was probably the best comparison Tyler had heard in a long time. But the bag got Dan to stop complaining about having to share with Phil (Dan said he just didn't like how close he was to him in the bag, yet they'll hang out in the corner, all cuddled up. Riiiigggggghhhhhhhtttttt). 

On the fourth day of hearing Dan and Phil play the apology game, Tyler and Troye offered to go scouting. The restrooms didn't have clean water to drink and even if they had, Tyler really didn't know how he felt about possibly drinking toilet water. Plus, they wanted to form a strategy before they moved since being in one place wasn't a good idea. The first few weeks hadn't been pretty because they had tried to stay in Dan and Phil's flat for too long.

It started out some what normal: woke up, someone sat by the door, someone by the window, and someone walked around their flat and checked anywhere out of sight from the living room. They had been in the flat for three weeks. The food was running short and the water was scarce. They had talked the night before about leaving to get some to bring back, but they hadn't come to an agreement on it. Dan didn't like staying in one place, but Tyler and Phil wanted to stay. They had said it would be safer since they would know all the entrances and exits of the place. Dan had been right to want to leave because that morning, zombies (a good seven or eight of them) managed to break the door down and get into the flat. It quickly started to smell like death. To Tyler, death smelled of wet dirt, sulfur, garbage, and actual shit, all rolled into a ball with a layer of the smell of well water wrapped around it (well water had a different smell and taste from regular city water!). The came stumbling in and the three boys barely had enough time to get out of the flat with their few weapons, clothes, and a bit of food (one of them distracted the zombies while the other two got the stuff. It was scary as hell). They quickly rushed into the hall way to find more zombies, but luckily, they were faster and maneuvered through the undead quickly than Sonic could have. When they were safe, Tyler mentioned how fast they were when getting out there and that's when Phil mentioned they were all Sonics. Dan's input on the matter? All he said was "Gotta go fast." Tyler swore Dan was the personification of the internet and all of its memes. If Tyler didn't know better, Dan would some how make new memes without the internet. That would be Dan's legacy.