CHAPTER FOUR ; PILLS

( CHAPTER FOUR ; PILLS )

It had been hours ago when you woke up, you stared at the kitchen shelf in front of you. If someone walked in on your apartment, which no one would even do because that's weird, they would think you're possessed judging by how weird you were acting.

You continued to eye the other things on the shelf, but your eyes were now fixated on the green pills inside the orange container. You didn't exactly remember going to the pharmacy and casually asking, "Hey I'm sick, mind giving me some of that free delicious-looking pills so I could overdose on them?" And then you remembered something that happened a few days ago.

You were walking on a crowded sidewalk, on your way to a bakery you usually went to. On your way there, people were running away from a man in a black suit who looked like someone from the military.

One of them bumped into you and cursed you for standing in the way and began to run again. You noticed that they dropped more than ten pill containers so you took one with you because why not?

It probably wasn't the best idea to swallow pills a stranger who was getting chased dropped, so you left it out in the open along with the other pills you had on the shelf.

Suddenly, a loud noise rang in your ears and you went out to the balcony to look outside, the whole apartment buildings were getting separated from the outside and you can see a lot of people complaining, either wanting to go in or out.

Was this because of the woman yesterday? It was only once, why would they do this? Lots of questions were flooding your mind, but you knew with all that separation wall and trucks, there was no point in trying to fight back, especially since it's the military, so you just stayed in your apartment for now.

You tried to call your family to tell them about your situation, but no one was responding so you just left a text message. You were on your way to finding Sae-bom or Yi-Hyun to ask them if they knew about the situation, and if they had any updates about the woman yesterday.

You hurriedly exited your apartment while trying to walk straight, fixing some things you've packed in your bag. You were on your way to make a turn when you accidentally bumped into a guy who had his face covered, stumbling a little while some things fell off from your half-opened messy bag.

You muttered a silent “shit” and apologized to the guy while scooping up the things you've dropped hurriedly and left, not even acknowledging the shady-looking man you just bumped into and taking a second look if you've left anything.

You didn't even notice that you've left your deactivated doctor's ID and probably a few crumpled-up papers with doodles and notes. You continued to walk to the fifth floor where the apartment of the newlywed couple was.