CHAPTER NINE ; THREE IDIOTS

(  CHAPTER NINE ; THREE IDIOTS )

There was a knock on your door and you slightly opened it to see Yi-Hyun. "I'm here to ask you about yesterday." He told you while waiting to be let in. You opened the door and he went in and sat on your couch. You sat opposite of him on another chair and faced him.

"I didn't hear much.. When I got there, Dr. Oh was threatening Mr. Kim to tell him about something." You said while fiddling with your fingers. "I'm not sure about it, but he seemed to really want something from him." You explained more. "Mr. Kim kept saying how he didn't know anything but Dr. Oh wouldn't stop pestering him." You finished.

"Is that all you heard? Nothing about any pills?" He asked and you looked at him confused. "Pills?" You asked. He avoided your question and looked around your apartment. Your cat was in your room so he wouldn't disrupt you both. "Let's go to the gym, some of the residents are there already." He told you.

"Oh, right. Can you lend me a water bottle?" He asked and you looked at him confusedly. "Sure, take anything from the kitchen. I'll get my phone really quickly." You went inside your room to leave Yi-Hyun outside.

He was looking around your apartment to see if he can find anything. He opened a kitchen shelf and found your stocks of pills. His eyes landed on the green pills inside the orange container and he took it and looked at it more closely. When he realized what it was, he looked at your room where you currently were with wide eyes.

He quickly put it back and closed your kitchen shelf. He took a water bottle and stood near your door to pretend that he was waiting for you to go outside too.
You went out of your room with your phone in your hand. You put your phone in your pocket and walked to Yi-Hyun. "Let's go."

The both of you walked to the gym and you parted ways. You sat beside the new girl from the grocery store and you were in between her and Andrew. "Thank you all for coming even though you're busy." Lawyer Kook said.

"There's a law about emergency evacuation on Article 22 of the Criminal Act." He informed and you looked at Dong-Hyun who was recording him. You noticed that he wasn't using his own phone so you were confused.

"I'll read it for you." Lawyer Kook said and began to read the law information on his phone. "An act performed in order to avoid danger against a person's legal interest shall not be punishable when there are reasonable grounds." He explained and you looked around the room with a bored face.

"The preceding paragraph shall not apply to a person with duties not to avoid danger." He finished reading and turned to you all. "To put it simply, it's ok for us to kick the infected out.. in order for us to survive." He finished and pointed at the trainer who was locked in the extra room.

"You don't want to get infected and go crazy like the other building residents, right?" He asked everyone and turned to his phone again. "Let me show you this." He said and turned the phone to all of you. "It's terrifying. Watch this." He said and walked to everyone one-by-one.