CHAPTER SIX ; IF I WAS A RICH GIRL

( CHAPTER SIX ; IF I WAS A RICH GIRL )

Someone rang your doorbell and you opened the door a little. "Excuse me. They said everyone should come to the gym." Andrew said while standing outside. "Give me a moment." You said and quickly tidied yourself up.

The two of you were walking beside each other and most of the time you were both silent. "Are you.. a doctor?" He asked and you quickly looked at him a bit surprised. "What?" You asked. He took out something from his pocket and held it in front of you. "You dropped this a few days ago." He said and you took your ID from him. "Oh.. Thank you."

"You didn't answer my question yet." He said. "I used to be one." You told him but didn't give out any more details because the both of you weren't exactly close. You both arrived at the gym and parted ways.

"Dad, what are you doing?" Dong-Hyun asked his father who was cursing at the TV. "Damn it! You should go out and find out what's going on even if it's dangerous out there. Are you just going to sit here?" He shouted while pointing at everybody.

"The internet is still out too. Hurry up! Come here!" Dong-Hyun said while holding his father's arm. "I told you that it's dangerous outside. All the other building residents are infected." Jung-Kook said, trying to reason with him.

"Damn it! This is so frustrating!" The old man complained and sat down. "What are you doing here? Why did you come all the way here? You said you were tired." He said and stood up again to confront his wife.

"Mom, are you sick?" Dong-Hyun asked. You recognized the old woman from before. She was the one sitting on the floor when you and Sae-bom were chasing the infected wife of the doctor. You were getting kinda worried because there's a chance she might've been bitten or scratched. "I'm not sick.. I'm just a bit tired, that's all." She said and sat on a chair Dong-Hyun pushed near her.

"I saw the bloodstains, but is it full of patients outside?" The cleaner guy asked. "There are a lot of witnesses. See? Do not move." Jung-Kook said, pointing at the TV while reading it.

"Who are the witnesses?" Lawyer Kook Hae-seong asked while going inside with his wife behind him. "Who saw that the outside was filled with the infected?" He finished. You raised your hand along with a few other residents. "Me. I saw them." Hyun-Kyungs brother said and Mr. Kim knocked on the glass door while raising his hand too. "Anyone from the higher floors?" He asked.

"If you don't believe us, you can go out there yourself." You said while still raising your hand. "No public rentals, you mean?" Hyun-Kyung corrected him. "I'm asking just in case there are those who can make more logical judgments." The lawyer said.

"Excuse me.." Hyun-Kyungs brother said while trying to prove his point. "Who are you to doubt my brother's judgment?" Hyun-Kyung said angrily at the lawyer in front and stood up. "My brother works at a company. He's a manager there." She said and pointed to his brother to defend him.