CHAPTER SEVEN ; ROBBING A GROCERY STORE?

( CHAPTER SEVEN ; ROBBING A GROCERY STORE? )

You were sleeping peacefully when you heard someone shouting. "Oh my god!" You woke up to the sound and saw Dr. Oh in front of the door, looking at you with wide eyes. "What..?" You rubbed your half-lidded eyes. "Oh, you're back. You scared me." He stopped shouting and told you.

"Yeah, I'm back.. I got the things you told me to get." You said while trying to fix your tangled hair, you looked like a real mess so it was no wonder someone assumed you were an infected or a ghost. "People are going out today, will you come too? I'll give you money again." He said while pointing at the people outside the gym.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." You said and motioned for him to leave, and he did. You picked up the cat under your chair and locked it in the extra room of the gym along with your eco-bag full of money and necessities. You took your knife from the table and went outside the gym along with the other residents who were willing to go outside for money.

"Good grief, seriously.." The cleaner guy said. "There's nothing out there. Everyone's mistaken." He finished. "How many times do I have to tell you? Think of our kids." His wife said while she put an apron on him. You made your presence known and spoke. "There are infected people out there."

Everyone looked at you for a moment and you were still trying to remove some tangled hair strands. "Oh. You're back, what was it like outside? Were there many infected?" The cleaner guy asked. "One moment you're fine and alone, and then someone comes to ambush you from behind and try to take a bite of you." You said while swaying your knife in the air and trying to scare him.

The wife of the cleaner looked at you and asked you something. "Did you sleep down here?" She asked a little worried. "I don't have my keycard or any spare key. I'm fine though, thanks for asking." You said while trying to assure her that you slept fine, even if it was a little uncomfortable.

"Everyone." Dr. Oh said while counting money and handing it to everyone in the room, including you. "Please remember. Safety comes first, okay?" He said and handed money to the cleaner guy. "I heard that your wife passed away. May she rest in peace." He said to the doctor. They both bowed at each other and Dr. Oh gave him more money because of his comment. "Thank you." The cleaner said.

Sae-bom and Yi-Hyun joined everyone. "Give us money too." Sae-bom said while holding her hand out. "But you said the infected are out there." Dr. Oh said. "Yes, and since I'm paid by the government, I should lead everyone." She explained and Dr. Oh gave her some money too. "I hope you and your friend over there choke on money." He told her and glanced at you.

You looked away while smiling awkwardly at the wall because you were actually guilty and asked for more than enough money yesterday. "And some for Yi-Hyun." Sae-bom said and Dr. Oh turned to Yi-Hyun. "Are you going to take it?" He asked him. "No, thank you." Yi-Hyun denied the offer.