CHAPTER FOURTEEN ; THE PENTHOUSE

( CHAPTER FOURTEEN ; THE PENTHOUSE )

"I'm telling you, you shouldn't be here!" You scolded Andrew who went into your unit with no warning.

A few minutes ago, you cleaned your wound and put a bandage on top of it to hide the stitches. You probably need to make up excuses on how you got a wound on your face later, because being interrogated by your two other friends is probably expected.

"We're going to gather in front of Kim Se-Hoon's apartment later, stay beside me, and keep quiet." He informed you and you nodded at him.

Andrew looked around your apartment because he could sense something was missing. "Where's the cat?" He asked you and you shrugged. "How am I supposed to know? I let it run away." You told him casually and you looked at him.

"I had no choice, Sae-bom was gonna catch me." You explained and he walked closer to you. "Catch you for what reason? Do you think you did something wrong?" He asked and you took some time to think about it.

Right, you just got caught up on the situation. You forgot the fact that you did NOT kill someone and it was all him who did the dirty work. But for some reason, you felt a little guilty too. It felt like you were somehow conspiring against your friends because you'd been keeping secrets from them.

You didn't even know why you were listening to him. From your perspective, he did try to kill you. Maybe it was just pity, or maybe he meant everything he said earlier. It was an accident and he didn't mean to hurt you that badly.

"Forget it. Let's go." You told him and you went past him to go outside. Andrew turned to your leaving figure and he closed the door and followed after you.

———————————————

"Come on, open the door, please! Sir!" Se-Kyu pleaded while knocking on the door. "I don't hear anything. Are you in there?" He asked and you turned to the side where Yi-Hyun and Sae-bom just came from.

"What are you doing?" Yi-Hyun asked and everyone turned to the side to let the representative walk up to him and explain. Sae-bom looked at you for a moment while eyeing your bandaged face. You looked away from her, not wanting to let her see more.

The people with you didn't care to ask what happened to your face because they were more focused on getting Kim Se-Hoon's unit door to open. That wasn't going to magically just happen unless someone used a spare keycard though.

When you saw Se-Hoon's state, it wasn't too late to save him. But since you got into a fight with Andrew, he probably died shortly after because he didn't get a chance to be treated.