CHAPTER ELEVEN ; OASIS IN A DESERT

( CHAPTER ELEVEN ; OASIS IN A DESERT )

You woke up in the middle of the night and looked around your surroundings. You were feeling way better than earlier and your vision was more clear. You sat up and saw the married couple sleeping together, and the cleaner lady on her own on another corner.

You looked beside you and saw Andrew sitting and fiddling with your keycard, not far away from you. "Can't sleep?" You asked him and looked up to the ceiling. Suddenly, your head started to spin again and you stood up and ran to the bathroom.

You puked on the sink and sat down on the cold bathroom floor. You grimaced at the mess that you made and you poured some of their saved water onto the sink to clean it up. Your neck was still aching a little because of the long needle.

You exited the bathroom and went back to your spot. "I think I can go back to my unit now, thank you for everything." You told Andrew and you were about to take your keycard back, but he backed his hand away.

"It's not safe to go out at night." He turned to you and said. "I'm sorry if I did anything weird or bad." You apologized, not exactly remembering the things you did when he first saw you on the rooftop.

For some reason, you thought of Sae-bom in your head. "What happened up there?" He asked you in a low tone. You tried your best to recall, but all you remembered was waking up beside an infected guard who was fortunately normal at the time.

"I don't remember much, but my neck hurts.." You exaggerated and touched your neck which was barely aching right now. "Why'd you go to the rooftop?" You looked at him curiously.

"It's nothing, I was just gonna take a breather." He explained and you leaned in the wall behind you. You had too much energy right now because you just slept for hours. "Come here." You tapped on the spot beside you that wasn't too near.

"I can't sleep right now." You told him and he scooted over to where you patted at. You bit your lip while the air was filled with awkward silence. "Thank you." He told you and you nodded at him.

"Do you really have a scar on your face?" You looked at him and asked. He didn't answer for a while so you looked down, worried that you might've just raised an uncomfortable topic.

"Yeah." He muttered and you took a deep breath. "Goodnight?" You asked him, ending the chat since you should let him get some sleep too. "Goodnight."

——————————————

"I'd like to say it's not possible, from a lawyer's point of view." Lawyer Kook stated his opinion while you and some residents gathered in unit #201. The cleaner couple wanted to move to the royal floors that were high up, because of safety risks.