CHAPTER TWELVE ; ODD ONE OUT

( CHAPTER TWELVE ; ODD ONE OUT )

You woke up, and you rolled off to your bed by accident. You groaned in pain and annoyance, and you tidied yourself up for the day. You weren't exactly alone in your home right now, so you made sure to check up on your temporary roommate.

"Bo-ram?" You called for the teenager, but all you received was silence. You went out to the living room and you picked up the mug of water. It wasn't touched at all, and you weren't someone that poisons people's drinks anyway so she couldn't have thought of that.

You examined the mug of water for a few seconds but put it back after. While trying to think of any possible reasons, your eyes suddenly widened when something came to mind. "Is she.." Before you could finish your sentence, you shook your head and tried to forget the situation for now.

"Ms. (Y/n)" You turned to the sound quickly and sighed in relief when you saw Bo-ram. "I was looking for you, where did you go?" You asked her and she didn't answer. "They said we have to gather at the representatives unit." She ignored your question and you nodded at her.

"I see... Let's go." You told her and both of you left to go to the meeting.

———————————————

"This house is really far off." Ko Se-Kyu, the cleaner guy who you finally know the name of since you decided to acknowledge the fact they had name tags said. "It really is." Dr. Oh agreed and you were all making your way in. "I know, right?" The representative said while panting a little.

"The royal floor has its weaknesses too. I sacrificed myself and went down all the time. Next time, let's just talk down there." She said and everyone looked around the room.

"There's nothing down here. Do you really live here?" Ji Moon-hee, the cleaner dude's wife asked. "By the way, this could get you charged a lot for cleaning. Why does a pastor drink so much?" Cleaner Se-Kyu asked her while pointing around the room.

"More than that, what should we do with the infected?" The representative dodged their statements and questions and continued with the important stuff.

"You all saw Ms. Yoon's reaction, right? She can break in anytime at this rate." She said while you looked in her direction, a little mad that she was talking terrible things behind your friend's back.

"Remember what the lawyer said? Emergency evacuation." Dr. Oh reminded everyone while he was trying to catch his breath. "But I don't see him today." He said and you looked around curiously, wondering where he was at too.

"I'll tell you. It's hard to apply that article because it's their house, and the disease did not occur yet." The lawyer's wife said and you looked at her, confused about the whole situation.

"Right, they didn't cause any harm or anything." Bo-ram defended the couple. "I have evidence that the female cop on the fifth floor is infected." The representative told you all and you finally decided to ask about the situation.