CHAPTER EIGHT ; THE INFECTION

( CHAPTER EIGHT ;THE INFECTION )

"Then what should we do now? The infected are everywhere, and there may be no more aid from outside." Hyun-Kyung expressed her concern.
"We have to break out!" The old man shouted.

It was currently nighttime and you were in the gym along with a few other residents. "They even installed screen fences on the walls. Even if we do break out, where do we go next?" Yi-Hyun informed and questioned.

"We can just break out and go into the most expensive apartments." The old man suggested. "Then what can they do? Would they lock that place up too? Lots of high-class people must be living there." He claimed.

"Are you sure the patients are really out there?" Lawyer Kook Hae-seong asked. "The building representative and Mr. Oh are not here." He informed and Hyun-Kyung corrected him. "So only the public rental residents are here again?"

"I'm saying that many of those who went outside are not here." He responded to defend himself while his wife was trying to stop him from worsening the situation. "If you want to go out, then go ahead and go out." Sae-bom told everyone in the room. "Though I can't guarantee that you can come back." She finished.

"Now then, I'll take that as you all understood." Yi-Hyun said. "The items and food we brought from the supermarket are in unit #201, so go there if you need anything."

Sae-bom nudged your shoulder and you looked at her. "What? What's wrong?" You whispered. "Are you even here with us? Gosh, I feel like I'm sitting beside a ghost.." Sae-bom asked you while she put her hand on your shoulder. "I have nothing to say, that's all." You told her.

"Come with us." She instructed you and you nodded at her. The meeting ended with Yi-Hyun telling them what they should do and not do and where to get things when they need to. Everyone left the gym and you were walking beside Sae-bom who was walking beside Yi-Hyun.

"Hey, but if the infected became more serious, won't they smash the doors and break in?" Sae-bom asked with concern. "If they ram the glass doors with a car, they'll break."

"It sounds more of a thing only a madman would do, but it's possible.." You told them while scratching the back of your neck. "They'd find an easier way to get inside. That's how all crimes start." Yi-Hyun informed the both of you.

"They say they got in because the door was unlocked, and took the bicycle because there was no lock on it." He explained by using examples. "But it's not easy to decide to break the door and get inside just because they want to drink blood." He finished.

"It just means we shouldn't give them an excuse." Sae-bom stated and Yi-Hyun snapped his fingers to let her know she was right. "Are all the possible entrances blocked?" You asked.

"Yeah, the doors are all locked..." Sae-bom replied and she paused while looking deep in thought. After a few seconds of silence, she slightly gasped with wide eyes. "What?" Yi-Hyun asked, wanting to know what got Sae-bom shocked.