CHAPTER TEN ; AS HIGH AS A KITE

( CHAPTER TEN ; AS HIGH AS A KITE )

You were all gathered inside someone's apartment. "Old man, your son could've gotten us killed!" The cleaner guy complained and pointed at him. "How dare you look at me like that? You little brat!" Dong-Hyun's dad shouted angrily.

"Aren't you infected?" He shouted loudly and pointed at the cleaner guy while accusing him. "Does it look like I'm infected?" The cleaner guy asked while pointing at his own eyes, angry about the old man's assumption.

"Stop it already!" Jung-Kook said while trying to stop the two from fighting anymore. "You rude brat.." The old man scolded and the representative spoke up. "Who did this?" She shouted and everyone stopped talking.

"Who told you to gather without the representative's permission?" She asked while looking around, feeling mad that she might've lost the respect people had for her. "I heard someone came in from the outside. Has anyone seen that person?" She asked and you turned to Andrew who raised his hand.

"Have you? Who is it?" She asked while waiting for an answer. You looked down on the floor because you misinterpreted the question and thought you were gonna get snitched on. "He's a military man." Andrew informed and you raised your head and mentally sighed.

"Are you sure you saw it right? You look like you can't see well." Lawyer Kook said disrespectfully. "Are you kidding?" Dr. Oh asked him and you saw Sae-bom and Yi-Hyun behind. "Can you please get out of the way?" Sae-bom requested and Dr. Oh turned to her and stepped aside.

Another man came in, he was dressed in military clothes and someone spoke up about how he was on TV. "I'm Lieutenant Colonel Han Tae-Seok from the Crisis Management Center." He introduced himself and looked around the room.

You recognized his name from when you took a peek at who Sae-bom was calling last time. "Sir, is the lockdown over?" The representative asked with hope. More people curiously asked if that was the truth, hopeful that they'll be able to leave this place.

The Lieutenant raised his hand to silence everyone and he began to talk again. "The whole city will be in lockdown.. and the electricity will be cut off tonight." He informed and you spoke up. "Why would you cut off the electricity? We're already struggling with being stuck in here." You complained and he turned to you.

"Are you trying to get us all killed or what?" The lawyer asked and the Lieutenant turned to him this time. "We're planning to fix it as soon as possible." He explained and the representative raised her voice. "Then you should lift the lockdown at least!"

"You should let healthy people out, at least! This is a violation of human rights!" Lawyer Kook complained. "We don't even live here! You should let us go home at least!" The cleaner guy said. "Lieutenant Colonel." Jung-Kook called for him and the Lieutenant turned to him. "People are exhausted. Locking us up in here won't do anything." He told him with a concerned look on his face.