Canada → Seoul

Everyone has had some kind of dream.

It might not have all been the same, however, we've all dreamed about something.

So then I guess I should've expected that someone would crush them.

Crush my dream.

"Lia you shouldn't be too upset about this" My mother urged while she held her expensive bags and clothes, she had clearly been shopping before she came to pick me up at the airport. "Mom, you don't understand, how am I supposed to let go of this when my long life dream's been crushed, its-its just not fair" I complained like a child.

In one swift motion, I run my fingers through my hair in frustration whilst my mother did the same, except I wondered what she was now so frustrated about. "Do I really need to tell you how you're supposed to let go of this temporary failure, Lia...go out and find a lover, someone to calm you down when you get home from work and someone to help me get my grand children" My mother winked at the end of her sentence while I stared at her in disgust. "No, mom I have no time for a husband or a child, I don't think I want any to be honest" I diminish her current dream and watch as she pouts grumpily, however right as the silence started to sink in, I noticed my mother's bare ring finger.

Why isn't she wearing her wedding ring? I wondered and then sighed in frustration once more.

Looking at her bare ring finger, I watch as my mother realizes the staring and immediately hides her hands, "You fucked up with Mr. Min didn't you" I imply whilst staring at my mother with a displeased expression, this is what always happens. We continued walking towards the exit of the airport until my mother cleared her throat finally speaking up, "It wasn't necessarily my fault but yes me and Mr.Min are getting a divorce" I scoff at the unsurprising truth, "Mom its always your fault" I mutter not feeling too happy  about another wedding I'd have to attend or another boyfriend I'd have to meet. Though, I couldn't help but scold her.

"This is your third marriage already, how many times am I going to be the flower girl at your weddings, choose a man, gosh" She snorts at my scolding.

You must be so terribly confused, well let me clear it up for you. My mother is the play girl type, she's been one ever since high school (which was the end of her education, university wasn't in her list) and than she also met a play boy, my father. They fell deeply in love with each other and then they had me, my father changed his ways and decided to be loyal to my mother, however she couldn't do the same.

And when she told my father that he wasn't at all shocked, they had a mutual divorce and I was only two so I didn't really care. My father remarried a loyal woman whom I also love (not as much as my mother though) she was a good step mother and always took care of me whenever I went to my father's house which was during the school year, then I'd spend the holidays and all of summer with my mother. She didn't have a stable living space, she'd always hop from one man to another, don't be fooled by only three divorces, she's had multiple flings and boyfriends who've always been rich. I guess you can see the pattern now, my mother goes for rich men, I guess you can now tell why she has all those expensive bags and clothes that I mentioned earlier.

Yeah, my life sounds disorganized but it isn't (except when I have to move from mansion to mansion when I'm staying with my mother), hold on maybe it is a little crazy.

Oh and remember when I said my father changed his ways, that's half true and half false.

Why you may ask, well its simple, he hooks up with my mother from time to time when my step mother is working overtime. I caught them once and I've never been so angry at my parents, however I don't care, I can't change the fact I love them so dearly though. I've tried to stop them multiple times since I do also love my step mother and want her to be happy since she's a very sweet and tender woman who takes great care of my father (maybe not sexually).