Awkward.

Wednesday -- 4:30 PM

Author's P.O.V

Lia winced as if she felt pain, as if those words pained her.

They did.

'Ex Fiancé' She thought before biting her lip to stop from saying anything stupid.

She knew she was getting a bit jealous and angry. Well maybe a bit more jealousy than angry, all she could do was to hang her head low as realization sunk in.

Tears brimmed the corners of her eyes but she didn't understand why, how did this affect her. "So you're the 'thing'?" Lia asks wondering if she is correct.

"Yup, and from what I was hearing it sound like you two were about to ki-" Ye Won's accurate assumption jolted something inside Lia as she was too quick to respond.

"No, it's not like that, we're definitely just friends."

A pang of hurt filled Soobin's heart, fists clasped, lips apart in shock, and the need to leave this situation. Made him realize that is all they were. Friends.

Friends who look at each other with unknown admiration, love, and care.

Soobin didn't know how much indirect rejection hurt, but now he knew, now he knew that whatever he did.

This girl would just think innocently.

Friends.

He begins to narrow his eyes in an emotion that can only be detected as anger.

Angered at his selfishness.

Soobin had always thought that maybe he could make things work with her.

That their relationship could happen even though in the back of his head he knew that she thinks of him as a friend.

And from the way Lia talks to him, it seems it will be like that for as long as they stay friends for.

However, there are moments like these, where they get close. Feel the rush and the thumping their hearts scream, time goes slowly and everything doesn't stay the same.

Life feels like it's floating.

And the desire or sensual attraction attacks you like never before.

Becoming the emotion that they both are unfamiliar with.

Desire.

"I only said that b-because...I came here to...hang out and it had just become so awkward" The Lia everyone knows isn't one to get nervous, but that could be misunderstood, she isn't nervous.

She's jealous.

And it hurts to see someone who's supposed to be an ex, stay in one of his rooms.

'She was in a room'

'The room Soobin went in'

Those thoughts kept replaying like a cd on a broken player.

The more it repeated itself.

The more pain Lia appears to feel.

"Okay, well now that that's cleared, Soobin..." Ye Won then follows her sentence with a gesture, signalling that Soobin should introduce the both of them.