Kiss Me.

A Week Later

Tuesday — 6:26 PM

Author's P.O.V

It's happening.

Soobin is meeting Lia's family.

Her mother, her father, her step mother, and her step father.

To Soobin it's quite mind-blowing that Lia has these 4 adults that she can rely on for support. While Soobin only ever had his grandparents, who are getting older and older.

"Don't be nervous, they're nice" Lia reassures once again as she squeezes his hand, "Trust me when I say the worst they could do is fake their kindness and then talk shit" That definitely doesn't make him feel any better as he purses his lips with a firm, playful scowl on his face.

"That sure didn't help" Soobin tells her, making Lia chuckle.

One knock on the door is all Lia's family needs to instantly open, and the couple come face to face with Lia's father, with her mother close behind with a big smile on her face. "This is him?" Lia's father mutters as he scans Soobin from top to bottom, admiring his height. "Oh my Lia really chose a good one, look at how tall he is, Jeong Hoon!" To Lia's surprise, her mother didn't even glance at her father, and neither did he.

Also she didn't really think her step father would be invited to the dinner, which means Lia's mother might actually be serious about him.

However, Lia doesn't believe it yet, maybe she just didn't notice her father.

'She always notices him though' Lia notions.

Carrying on to Soobin's thoughts, Soobin was and is completely clueless on how this is going to go, honestly he has some low expectations considering Lia's mother's complicated love life.

He very honestly expected there to be Lia's mother and father, followed by multiple step fathers and Lia's step mother at the dinner. It definitely seems that Soobin exaggerated this meeting. Soolia enter Lia's father's place and are lead by Lia's father all the way to the dinning room, which is occupied by Lia's very 'ambitious' mother, tender stepmother, and dangerous looking step father who seemed to have a new tattoo placed on the side of his neck, that Lia found very creative as it was a deck of cards with an arrow through it, I'm sure there's a meaning behind it, however there's nothing other than that.

All of them are now seated, with silence as a conversation.

"What's your occupation? if you have one" Lia's father asks.

"I'm a tutor, however I'm working my way to become a psychiatrist."

'Good answer' Lia thought as she pats Soobin's thigh, encouraging him to calm his nerves as Lia knows firsthand that when Soobin becomes shy, he clenches his hands into fists first.

"Oooh I'm a psychiatrist" Lia's step mother mentions with a warm smile that somehow makes Soobin reminded of Lia's smile, "Oh come on, don't ask him about jobs and what not, how'd you two meet?" Lia's mother finally mused with a grin plastered on her face.

"We met through Yeji and Yeonjun" Soobin says assuming that they know who Yeji is but expected them not to know Yeonjun, however the only one who knows Yeji and Yeonjun is Lia's mother. "I knew Yeji was going to be your lucky charm, now you've found the love of your life" That sentence causes Jeong Hoon's eyes to roll as he places his hand under the table.

Lia isn't sure what he did, however it seems her mother melts with whatever he did because she turns around to give him a quick kiss.

Again no stares or hidden flirting between Lia's parents.