•grammy night•

February 28th 1994
Michael's pov

I'm getting ready for the grammys today with a whopping 12 nominations. I worked so hard on this album and I really hope I get 3 or 4 awards after I only got one grammy for off the wall which I was devastated about.

I'm going with Emmanuel Lewis and Brooke Shields. I think she's gorgeous and I have a little crush on her but so does Emmanuel so it's like competition between us. It's like friendly fire though so it's alright.

It's almost 4:15 pm so we need to get leaving so we're not late as it starts at 5pm. I knocked on Brooke's room where she was getting ready.

"Brooke, are you done? We gotta get goin' girl."
"Yeah I'm done!", she got up from her chair and turned to face me, "wow Mike! You look so handsome! The blue and gold really suites you." She said with a smile.

"Thank you so much, your dress is gorgeous!"
"Thank you Mike," she placed a kiss on my cheek and started looking around. "Where's Emmanuel?"

"Here I am!" I cutely dressed little boy came through the door looking proud with his hands on his hips. Brooke picked him up then all three of us left and got into our vehicle.

//Doja's pov//

Another night at home,alone while my mom went out. Usually I'd be hanging out with my friends but they're also doing their own thing, or I'd be with Michael if he wasn't busy at some award ceremony, performing, or doing some interview.

Today it was the first one.

An award ceremony.

He's with Brooke Shields aka 'the ultimate supermodel and/or most beautiful woman of all time.' Personally I think she's gorgeous but at the same time she's overrated in a way.

I can admit, I was kinda jealous that she was with him. But who else would go with him.? A 17 year old girl trying to make music on her laptop? Hell no! Just as I was digging into my ice cream while thinking about Michael and his date my thoughts were interrupted with the sound of the phone ringing. I scoffed and answered, "hello?"

"Hey girl! What're you up to!" It was Janet. Ever since me and Michael got more comfy and talked to each other more often, I also gradually had a bond with his younger sister Janet who was a few months older than me so we were in the same age range. "Oh hey! I'm not doing anything I'm just watching the blue lagoon and eating ice cream."

"Oh my God that movie is so good isn't it, well anyways, I was thinking if you wanted to come over an have a girls night just me and you! It's kind of boring here  in Hayvenhurst. Michael's out and so is mother and Joseph and then my other siblings are doing their own thing."

"Oh sure! I'll just let my mom know and I'll be over in thirty alright?" "Alright sounds good! See ya then!" I ended the call and started getting ready and packed my things then said goodbye to Alex.

By now I'm sure you can tell my mom isn't hard on me. She's like a hippie from the 60's.
Really chill, and lets me do alot of things and loves getting involved with my music. To be honest I still don't know how she let me do weed though but I'm not really complaining.

//Michael's pov//

"And the record of the year is... Beat it! Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones!"

My 7th grammy of the night. I walked up to the stage and recieved my award and hugged Quincy.
I honestly could not believe that I got this many awards! This really makes up for my off the wall album.

"Uh, I made a deal with myself that if I won one more award then I'd take off my glasses. Which this award is award number 7 which is a record. I don't really want to take 'em off but.."

I took off my glasses and the audience (especially the girls on the balcony) started cheering and whooping. I felt quite shy and overwhelmed but I was so happy and bursting with joy at the same time. I wonder how my career's gonna look in 5 or 6 years time.

After the grammys//early hours in the morning

I walked into the 'family home'; Hayvenhurst to see a snoring Janet and Amala on the sofa bed with snacks everywhere and an empty pizza box on the small table near the tv. I slowly and quietly made my way up the stairs into my room.

I carefully placed my grammys in a safe place so they wouldn't get destroyed until the morning. I looked at myself in the mirror and said, "8 grammys..how wonderful."

I said a prayer to God and got changed then into bed and slowly drifted off to sleep.

The next morning//February 29th

I woke up and noticed a familiar smell from downstairs and quickly freshened up then rushed into the kitchen. I heard the chatter of my parents, siblings, and Amala. "Good morning guys!" I took a seat near the Island and noticed it wasn't my mother cooking but Amala instead.

She turned around and looked at me and smiled then got back to making breakfast. There was pancakes, fresh fruits, eggs, bacon, and crossiants. "Alright guys everything is made take what you want!"

She placed the stuff on the table and everyone got what they want. There was also tea, coffee, and OJ. "Amala, did you make this on your own dear?" My mother asked her and I wasn't listening as I was too busy devouring this exquisite food on my plate. "Yes I did, I woke up early to make it. I don't know how Janet didn't wake up while I was doing all of this."

"Hey! I'm a heavy sleeper, anyways do you guys wanna spend the day outside after breakfast?"
Everyone agreed with Janet and once we ate and cleaned up we went outside and even had dinner outside. I later found out they were doing this as a celebration for my accomplishments of the 8 grammys I won.

10:30pm//Doja's pov

I packed my stuff and was about to leave the Jackson house until I got a tap on my shoulder.
"So you're not gonna say bye to me?"
"I thought I already did, come."
I gave him a big hug and just took a second to take in his scent. "Hey um, Amala thank you for supporting me through my career since we met."

"No problem Mike, before you know it you'll be labelled the king of pop!" He giggled for a second before saying, "imagine if I was! That'd be so cool. Anyways it's getting late let me drive you home." I said okay then we walked outside to his car and he drove me.

When we got near my house I noticed the lights were on indicating my mom was home. He let me out of his car and took out my bags which I found really "gentlemen-like" and he carried them
until we reached my doorstep.

"Thanks again for the ride home Mike"
"No problem Ami, I'd do it any time." He said with a smile. He then leaned in and kissed me softly. I felt myself warming up and it took me a second to process everything then I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him back. It then turned into tongue kissing and him maneuvering his hands down to my ass.

We knew we had to stop because my mom knew I was outside and she would've gotten suspicious. We both pulled away after what felt like hours out of breath and both heating up. For some reason though it didn't feel right in a way. It felt like a.. 'goodbye kiss' I quickly got that out of my head and we both said our farewells once again and I went into my house.

"Oh hey Mala, did you have fun at the Jacksons' house sweetheart?"
"Yeah mom!" I went up to her and gave her a kiss and a hug, "I even made them breakfast and helped with dinner and they loved that breakfast recipe you taught me!"
"Ooo that's good, also have you made any new recent music?"
"I've found a beat I'm just trying to get lyrics now but I promise I'll show you when it's completed or in the working."
"Alright if you need me just let me know I'll be awake for a while"
"Okay goodnight momma!"

I went upstairs smiling like a little girl and texted my friend then went to sleep.

End of the chapter!!
Tysm for reading.
News- after this chapter imma fast forward to when doja releases her first album and signs a record deal then after that we're moving onto 1987/88 where everything gets more serious🤭
Stay tuned!

-Dojasmoon💓