•we found love•

A few weeks after being reunited//1987
Michael's pov

It's been a few weeks since I asked Amala out which was a total success. I'm getting ready for another show in Yokohama;Tokyo. I'm really pumped for this one because I've always loved Japan and I'm having fun here so far.

I probably should've asked her out after I did this tour because now we're basically going to have to do long distance 90% of the time until '89 which is a bummer. But, we'll make it work.

"Mike, you're on in a few!" My manager Frank yelled in my dressing room, "alright, we can get going now I'm ready."

We left my dressing room then made our way to the wings backstage. I quickly sent a message to Amala-

Going to perform right now, if I don't respond that's why. Love you Ami <3

I turned my phone off then made my que onto the stage.

Amala's pov

I was on periscope live making some beats when I got a message from Michael. I responded with a quick-

Okay, hope you do well love you more babe<3

Then turned my phone off then put my focus back onto my desktop.

<Fast forward to after Michael's show>

I finished my show then said goodbye to my colleagues then took my phone and dialed Amala's phone number.

-Hello?
-Hey Ami! Wait what time is it for you?
-Uh, fuckin like.. 4 in the morning?
-Oh, sorry for waking you up!
- It's alright. So, how did the show go?
-It went really well! A few malfunctions here and there but overall it went well.
-That's good, when are you coming back to Cali? I miss you a ton.
-Umm I'm getting a break in a few weeks to get back on touring by the 13th of november so
-Oh okay! Let's just hope time flies fast so we can see each other soon
-Yeah, right I'll leave you to get some sleep okay? Ring me when you're free. Goodnight babe
-Alright, goodnight Mike love you!

Call ends

Man, I sure do love her. I really hope Joseph doesn't overreact at our relationship once I tell him.

******
<Fast forward to the day Michael and Amala meet up again in Cali>

Amala's pov

Michael sent Bill to pick me up and drive me to Hayvenhurst where his parents and siblings are. Which as you can basically tell, is where he'll tell Joseph and everyone else that we're in a relationship.

Not even gonna lie, I'm hella nervous. What if they hate me? I don't even know if they still remember me I'm basically irrelevant compared to them. They are basically music royalty and I'm just some young adult making music who's not even made it to mainstream music yet!

"Miss Dlamini, we're here. Do you need me to walk you out?"

Bill asked while I snapped out of my thoughts, "no,no! I'm fine thank you though. Do I have to pay?"

"No you're alright. And I can see you're panicking. Don't worry the Jacksons don't bite and they still remember you very well!"

That made me feel a bit more comfortable. But I was still panicking out of my mind and my hands were clammy.

I walked up to the door and pressed the doorbell.