EPISODE EIGHT: ANIMAL PRAGMATISM

Rose's date outfit

A few weeks after the last episode Piper is back to her normal self, Prue and Andy are going to strong, Rose is back in school and work she is loving her job, she is still dating James and they are very happy. Phoebe is back in School doing well.

College. Phoebe's in class.]

Professor: The lions observed in the Ingoro goro crater of Tanzania, mated on average once an hour for a week straight. Before I lose half the room to that thought, answer me this. Where does it begin? And the purpose of all animals is that the proliferation of the species, right? (Phoebe sees a guy staring at her. She smiles.) But it isn't as easy as your nest or mine. It starts with a series of mating rituals. First, the animal must get the attention of the object it desires. (Phoebe looks at the guy again and she brushes her hair back.) Next, there must be a sign that the interest is mutual. (Three of Phoebe's friends are sitting behind her. One of them shows another something in a book. They giggle. Phoebe turns around.)

Phoebe: What's up with my study group having fun without me?

Andrea: Sorry, Phoebe, you looked busy.

Professor: Use your time in section tomorrow, tail line your group's thesis, be specific. Better yet, just spell check. See you next week.

(Everyone starts packing up. Phoebe turns around and looks at the cover of the book that Andrea is holding.)

Phoebe: Is that a book of love spells?

Andrea: Yeah, found it in the valentine display over at the campus bookstore.

(She hands it to Phoebe.)

Tessa: It's stupid.

Brooke: Is not.

Andrea: We just figured, you know, since we're dateless this year, maybe it'll give us some laughs.

(Phoebe laughs to herself while reading the book.)

Brooke: What?

Phoebe: Oh, nothing. It's just they've got it backwards. You'd never say it in that order. First you say what's lacking and then what's needed. Here, try this. "From strike of twelve count twenty-four, that's how long the spell is for, if to abate my lonely heart, enchant these gifts I thee impart." See? (They stare at her shocked.) Um, I'm doing a paper on the growing popularity of witchcraft. Hey, if you guys want something fun to do tomorrow night, you should check out my sister's club.

(She hands them a flier.)

Tessa, Brooke: Cool.

Phoebe: No dates required.

Andrea: Okay.

Tessa: We'll be there.

Phoebe: See you at the section tomorrow. (Phoebe stands up. Ethan, the guy that was staring at her, walks over to her.) Hey, there's a party tomorrow night. (She gets a flier out of her bag.) You should come.

Ethan: Why?

Phoebe: Because I'll be there.

[Scene: College. The dorm. Andrea, Tessa and Brooke are about to do the love spell. A pig, a rabbit and a snake are on the floor.]

Tessa: Okay, I'm freaked. Can we turn some lights on?

Brooke: No, we can't. Can we?

Andrea: It'll spoil the mood. Come on, it says to join hands.

(They join hands.)

Tessa: We're not gonna hurt them are we? Because I promised Ben that I would get his pig back to him tomorrow.