EPISODE 14: THAT 70'S EPISODE

Rose's outfit for this Episode

[Scene: Halliwell manor. Prue Phoebe and Rose are looking through photo albums.]

Phoebe: There aren't any pictures of me growing up.

Prue: That seems impossible. I mean, you weren't exactly camera shy.

Phoebe: Yeah, well neither were you and Piper, or you and Grams, or you and Dad. Oh look, there's another one of you and Piper. Oh, and here is another one with Rose you and Grams

Prue: Okay, here's a picture of you and Grams.

Phoebe: Oh, wasn't I cute.

Prue: Here's one of you and Mum.

Phoebe: Wow, I don't even remember that. What was I, about 2? (Prue nods) She died on us a 2 years later.

Prue: Phoebe.

(Piper enters the room.)

Piper: Okay, all right, I need a pen and paper. (She tries to open a drawer but it's stuck.) Quick, we don't have a lot of time. (Phoebe hits it twice and kicks it and the drawer opens.) I always wondered how you got into my candy drawer.

Phoebe: Yeah, too bad all the candy's gone.

Piper: I thought it would be easier for us to just write him a note.

Prue: Who him?

Piper: You know, what's his name. (The doorbell rings) Grandma's little friend comes every year, same day, same time. Says you know, the flowers are from a secret admirer when it's obvious he's the admirer. (She opens the door) Hi, come on in. (The clock chimes in the background) How are you?

Man: Flowers for Miss Penny Halliwell. (He goes to hand them to Piper but he drops them and Piper freezes him and the flowers.) Every year. What a klutz. At least this year I can freeze him so I can spare myself the clean-up.

Phoebe: Why did you want to write him a note?

Piper: To tell him Grams is dead.

Rose: Oh, you're gonna break his heart.

(Piper gets the vase of flowers that's frozen in the air. The man unfreezes.)

Man: Five chimes.

Piper: Excuse me?

Man: The clock. I only heard five chimes. It's noon. That means you froze me. Which means you have your powers at last.

Piper: Uh, I don't know what you're talking about Mister but thanks for the flowers, okay, bye.

Nicholas: Call me Nicholas. Your mother did. (He puts on a ring and he becomes younger.) I had to appear to age over the years otherwise you would've been suspicious.

Prue: What?

Nicholas: You see, twenty-four years ago today, your mother and I made a pact. To spare her life, she gave up your future powers to me. She blessed this ring. Which gave me immunity from your powers. (Piper tries to freeze him.) Immunity so that I could kill you and take the powers on for my own. To become invincible.

Prue: Our mother would never give away our powers.

Nicholas: She didn't have much of a choice. Your blood is boiling. Soon your lungs will sear. (He points the ring at them and they double over in agony.) Your organs will overheat and death will come.

(Phoebe kicks him in the leg and he falls over. They run upstairs to the Book of Shadows.)

Prue: Why would mum make a deal like that?