48. Samantha

Bogart woke me up at 8 am. I groaned and rolled over, but he hopped up on the bed and started pawing at me.

"What, Bogey?  Do you need belly rubs?" I asked, trying to give him some scrubs. He whined at me.

I checked my glucose monitor. My levels were fine, but I did have to pee. So I got up, used the bathroom and washed my hands and face. I got changed into jeans and a t-shirt and followed Bogart downstairs.

"Good morning!" Uncle B said from the kitchen. "How'd you sleep?"

"Fine, until Bogart decided to wake me up," I said.

"Bogey!" Uncle B admonished the pup. "Sam needs her sleep you silly puppy."

I smiled.

"So, not much planned for today. We thought maybe we could go down to Santa Monica, go to the Pier, hang out, maybe do some shopping. Tomorrow is Christmas and then the day after we're going to Disney. Sound good?"

"Sure."

"Pete and Patrick want to join us in Santa Monica and Pete invited us over for dinner."

"Okay," I smiled.

Uncle Brendon made waffles for breakfast and Aunt Sarah came downstairs as we were sitting down.

"Sam, you okay?" She asked looking at me.

"Huh?" I asked, looking towards her. She'd lost all her colour. The whole world was going grey.