a wolf in sheep's clothing

"Nora" the gruff voice sounded from the shadows. A man in a leather jacket and shaggy hair stepped out. Nora looked at the man as if he were a stranger, someone she had thought she lost long ago. He loved her, he would have killed for her, but here she was covered in blood before him.

"Daryl?" She questioned. The others gasped, they knew who this was, they had seen her for years beside Carol, or working with her father in the Hospital ward. This was Maggie's little sister, one that while they two were related, couldn't be more different. Maggie staggered forward a bit to get a better look at her sister, she was covered in someone else's blood and it made her stomach turn.

"Is that..." Maggie asked, slightly hoping it wasn't human blood.

"Oh....its not mine..."Nora answered absently, she didn't entirely remember that night if she was being honest. It was a haze in her mind and she hoped that she never had to remember. Daryl stubbled over to her, browsing her skin for ant signs on bites or scratches. The only scratches were on her fave from the trees whipping into her when she was in the forest. She held onto the moment of Daryl's gentle caress of his hands, the roughness she missed.

"I'm fine, truly" She spoke with sincerity that he took her words. On the surface Nora was fine, the same girl, of sorts, that was at the prison. Underneath she was different, a wolf in sheep's clothing. Her tears traveled down her cheeks when Daryl brought the small girl in for a hug. She missed him, more than anyone. She clings to him, never wanting to separate. Once they did the others went in for their hugs, including Sasha who was relieved her best friend was still alive.

"It's been too long, I sure as shit though you were gon" the girl spoke, hugging the life out of her friend, "I have never been happier to be wrong" A laugh escaped Nora's lips and she was happy for the distraction from her mind.

"Nora" Rick spoke, in a sentimental way. He stepped in and gave the girl a long hug, a fathers way of welcoming her back. "Glad your back with us kiddo" She smiled up at the older man, it didn't quite meet her eyes and he saw that. Rick was one to always know when someone wasent always right, and for once he felt himself break for the Greene. He had hoped someone them woulden't have to brake so much in this world, seems it was inevitable to do so.

Nora meets Eugene, Abraham, and Rosita, the trio trying to save the world. She smiled and shook their hands, welcoming them into their tight nit family. Abraham could already tell that this girl was a fighter and he liked that about her. He was reminded of Rosita, the woman who stood beside him. Rosita liked Nora, seeing a broken girl trying to live in a broken world. They knew collectively she was alright.

When the world outside this tiny space was opened and some of them were taken, a war commenced with those left. Nora raged inside the cage, wanting to slit every mans neck outside the cage they were in.

"They'll get what's coming for them" Sasha reassure the girl, Nora could only nod. Maggie watched as her sister slipped more and more from her. While they were never close, and never the same, she had hope they would get close. The separation of the Greene siblings was obvious to most. Even the new trio had noticed that the relationship between the two was different than the rest of the group in the cage. Sasha and Nora sat side by side waiting for the door to open.

When the gun started shooting, they knew the war was starting, they just hoped they were on the right side of the war. Ricks's face appeared in the open doorway. Two guns in his hand. Nora snatched the one closest to her and took off. She saw Daryl crouching and he motioned her over, the others took their time. Daryl tried tp shelter her from the cascading bullets but he saw she had no fear behind her eyes. When some of the Sanctuary men came around the corner, bullets passed their heads, Nora stood with a smoking Daryl. Daryl watched the woman he loved turn into someone he hadn't met yet. She glanced down towards her man, he could only look at her with shock. She nodded at him, without a word, a went towards the street.

"Nora! Nora!" He hissed from behind her, but she had a mission and she wasent going to stop till they were dead. She killed the men inside the compound and made her way through, finding the weapons before long. She found her crowd, knives, and guns she had passed before they took it from her. She grabbed a few extra things before heading back out to find the others again.

The climb over the wall was rewarding for the others but Rick and Nora felt the pull to kill them all.

"We should go back," Rick said, wanting to fight, kill the beasts inside there.

"Iv got your back" Nora responded, fist-pumping the leader and hoisting her gun so she could help. She has strapped into all her gear again, and the others could see the new swords she possessed on her hip. It wasent too big, a small sword that didn't reach the floor. It was her sword, one she would use to end those who harm her or her family.

"No, we are not doing that shit" Abraham argued, "Not dying in there with some canabals freaks" Abraham made a good point for the group. It wasn't worth dying over, but for Nora maybe it was.

A crack in the forest made the others turn around, there stood Carol. She was partially muddied and had a smile on her face. Nora was the first to jump into action and crash into her. Carol new deep in her heart that this was her daughter, this girl was her safe place. Again Nora cried into her chest, she was home and she was safe. Daryl bounded over after, crushing the two in a big hug. Nora broke free and gave the two of them time to hug. The trio was reunited and Nora couldn't have been happier, for now, the noise in her head had ceased.

***

The church, while supporting the need for shelter and food, was a creepy place to stay in Nora's mind. She hated churches ever since she was little. Herschel never forced his middle child to go and played favorites. Maggie hated that, she always had a grudge against her younger sister for that, because while Nora could stay home and take one of the horses for a ride Maggie was forced to endure the sermons at the church down the road. Nora knew of course that her sister had this grudge, but she never mentioned it to her.

Daryl haden't left Nora side since after Termanis, and neither did Carol. But when the two go out later that night and don't return, things get worrisome for the group.

Nora decided to stay with Rick and the group, instead of traveling alongside her sister. Maggie had begged Nora to come with her, claiming that it could rekindle what they had before, but neither believed that to be true. Glenn hugged her before they loaded up into the Bus. Abraham said his goodbyes and wished the girl well and to see her at the finish line when they end the apocalypse.

Nora knew that if the world was put back into place she was going to be more broken than when the world was screwed. She needed the world to be like it was, because if it wasent then she would feel insane. She couldn't handle the possibility of civilization coming back because those who have been killed will be punished. She couldn't handle seeing her family, and herself, behind bars for the things they have done. She did the only logical thing, she stayed beside Rick and hoped the world stayed as it was.