new life and challanges

Alexandria was something of a spectacle. The people were like sheep, herded into a pasture they deemed safe because they had a fence, or in this case walls. Daryl hatted it here, he didn't leave the porch for the first few weeks we were around. I didn't either. Carol and Rick did their best to try and rally us to walk with them, but we turned their offers down, liking the science of sitting with one another in the only space deemed okay. It didn't take long before people were offered jobs, and it didn't take long for me to hate the woman who ran the show. She steered clear of me, which I took offense to on most days. 

She wasn't evil, she just didn't seem to trust me after the interview she insisted on when we had first arrived. I didn't say much, except for the fact that my father and my sister died during this shithole of a world that ended and I know what I have to do to survive this world. I may have implied however that if it came down to it, this place or my family, I would choose to protect the people I had grown to trust and love. Not so sure she liked the idea of that, but she excepted the facts anyways.

Begrudgingly I took carols advice. Be a sucker to the people. It wasn't in my nature but Carol was like my mother and she made sure that I was well taken care of. Including making cookies from scratch and then acting like it was no big deal. She can shift personalities based on where she is, I knew this because I had seen it before. She wanted to be a ghost and the best way she could do that is act like the people around her. They became unsuspecting and it allowed Carol to sneak guns into the small group of four we had. I took one, uncaring about Ricks's looks towards the three of us when we did. I didn't trust this place, and neither did Carol.

She steeredSasha was the next person on my list of people that I knew didn't trust this place. She had my back about it, knowing that if shit hit the fan, and it would, she would fight beside me to save the others and get the hell back out into the world we understood. There were multiple days when she went on a hunting trip, a hunting trip to hunt down walkers. It was a stress reliever of sorts. It didn't make us think too much about dying or being unsafe. It was one fluid motion of kill of being killed and it was the most familiar thing to us. It took Michonne and Rosita to find us out there one day that we realized we shouldn't be doing it anymore but we also shouldn't forget what we learned and the motions that followed from the world outside the walls.

History had a bad way of repeating itself and this time was in the form of Rick Grimes. Rick was our leader but we all knew collectively that he had a few problems, one being his anger. He wasn't the type to hit someone unless he felt provoked or in this case someone was hurting someone else. I had to keep Carl out of the way and wait for Michonne to nock some sense into the man. It was a horrible time for Rick to lose himself. This place already didn't trust our group and Rick was making them lose all faith in us with every punch he threw. This was decimated from there and a meeting was held that night. 

Daryl wasn't here, he had been out on a run for people for the past two days and it didn't look like he was coming back before the meeting. I got worried, I wanted a place even if that meant staying here behind the walls. I needed this place to last, to be strong enough for us to stay. We all needed a place to be able to feel normal again, but I couldn't shake the feeling that this place was going to have a lit of problems in the future.

The meeting was a blood bath and I knew this was one of the few outcomes that were best for the community. As dark as it sounds they needed to see that it wasn't only walkers you had to watch out for, it was also the people. Daryl came back that night with a man Rick knew. I was just glad Daryl was back in one piece. That night I lay in the bed with Daryl next to me. He was asleep before I was leaving me to mull over the possibilities for the future. This place was going to need a few more rude awakenings before they understand the dier situation the world is in. This world corrupted both the dead and the living, and it was time everyone understood that.