diary entry: prison life

Diary entry,

Diary entry,

the date has been lost to me......

A new day rose above the prison, new people, new life. We welcomed new faces a year ago, new friends, new love.

Sasha and I became so close so fast. We both have older siblings and know struggle of comparing yourself to them. While Maggie and I have grown separate Sasha and her brother are so close that it makes me jealous. Sasha and I both express the same emotion of wanting to be strong, to believe we can be just as brave as our older siblings. I cant remember just how Sasha and I became friends but one day the both of us saw the same spark in each-other and I know I coulden't fight another day without Sasha by my side.

Daryl has becom increasingly more protective since we started, whatever we started. Its sweet to see him so concerned sometimes for my well being but I am nothing like my sister at all. Im not pretty and I'm not brave so why does he like me. It's ridiculous but he makes my heart flutter and sometimes I want to stop them.

Carol on the other had has taken the role I lost long ago. Her light, and her words bring joy to my life and allow me to remember what a mothers love, of sorts, is like. She's been teaching the little kids about safety from the walkers and how to fend for themselves. I think its a good idea, but we cant let Rick know or he might shut it down. It's not like Carol or I are being dangerous or putting the kids in harms way, its just I want them to be able to fight have a chance to live like Beth.

I think Carol took on the role not only to remember what she could have had with her lost daughter but because me and her were alike. We both felt like we had a destined role, to be the weaker  of the group, to be in the back. She knows thats not who I want to be, but she seems to think she has to be like that. I wish she new that she's just as strong as the rest of them.

Im weak now, and I know one day I will have to choose to be the cattle or the wolf. Seeing how things are now it seems i'll be with the cattle a little longer.

Things have changed around here, some for the better and some for the worse. I fear what comes next, for us and for the Prison.

Sincerely,

your writer Nora greene