untrusting of a unharmed place

The barn was A safe place to lay low for now. I knew that within that time we would have to leave. I didn't sleep after the storm, and Daryl didn't either. Neither one of us had spoken much to the other after Atlanta. I don't think either of us knew what to say. I remember crying in the woods along the highway, just letting myself feel a little. Daryl found me sometime later and hugged me, giving me comfort in knowing that he was still there and it was worth living. I fought another day, and then a few more.

It had only been about a week since she died, and while I knew she was at fault for her death and no one else. Beth was stubborn and determined when she has a plan she executes it even if the consequences are bad. I could see the look in her eyes when she was going to stab that cop, she knew she was going to die and she was fully ready for it. She said goodbye just by looking at me, just by letting me hug her for a short while. I had to let her go.

It wasn't until a little later when Maggie and Sasha came back from their morning outing that a new threat entered the barn.

"Can't trust a word he says, he could have other people," I told rick, worrying about the group's safety. I wasted to be optimistic but in these circumstances, I couldn't. After everything that happens I cants be.

Things didn't go the way we planned them to. Things always end up going wrong.

***

We rounded the bend. Abraham is in the driver's seat of the RV. Eugene, tara and I sat at the table playing different card games. Rosita ushered me up front, showing me DC from the window. I smiled a little, at the thought of the whole government going under because of a zombie outbreak. We continued down the highway, stopping only once when the gas went out, heading toward our destination of Alexandria.

When we all exited our cars at the gates my hand found Daryls. His grip was harder than mine like he was holding onto a lifeline wish I knew what he was thinking or even feeling. He had always been a hard man to read but recently with the build-up of bodies he had become more recluse.

Walking through the gates felt like walking back in time. I didn't like how it felt, nor how the place looked. It was too, new. The others felt the same, something about this place wasn't right. Not in the psycho killer way, but in the fact that these people have grown too used to being behind walls. This place was going to either make us feel too comfortable, or something truly bad is going to happen behind these walls.