Thirteen

A/N

After finishing their pretty much boring movie. Needless to say nothing really happened they just shared popcorn and nothing else.

They decided to go to the arcade since it was too early to go home.

The first thing they checked out was the shooting game and to Jeongwoo's surprise Dea was amazing at it and even won a price "wow where on earth did you learn to shoot like that?" Dea just laughed at his reaction as he still isn't over with what he witnessed a few minutes ago.

"Oh look claw machine"

"I wanna go there" Dea looked at Jeongwoo with a glint of excitement in her eyes "don't you think we should go and get lunch first?" Jeongwoo pointed out as it as already time for lunch since their movie took two hours.

"Just ten minutes I promise, after that we'll go get lunch" she told him and before he could reply Dea already dragged the poor Hungry boy to the claw machine.

Dea inserted a token in and immediately went and try to get the little wolf plushie and to her dismay it fell back in and you could really see the disappointed in her face which Jeongwoo found amusingly cute and attractive at the same time.

He knew that the soulmate effect is already taking it's turn and he also knew that this feeling he was feeling right now was because of it. The soulmate effect is rather a very cruel thing if you think about it, it makes you feel weird feelings for someone unexpectedly and even forces you to love someone even if that someone doesn't even have a significant contribution to your life.

But then he also knew that there was no way out of this, they are bound to fall in love with each other either way wether they like it or not which leaves them to no choice.

Jeongwoo observed how Dea managed to get the wolf plushie and get all excited. She looked really happy when she showed him the toy she had gotten and he couldn't help but feel pity as he remembered the truth that she was bound to find out soon enough, the painful truth and fucked up reality that lies before her and how he imagined how she could handle it or maybe rather, if she could even handle it.

He knows her, he knows her family, he knows their history, and he knows what she's been dealing with and he knew she wouldn't be able to handle it all.

She already broke once and he is aware of that, she broke into hundreds of pieces that the Kim family patiently put back in place in order to bring her back to how she was but there was still a missing piece that none of them managed to retrieve but instead of looking for it they decided to covered it making her incomplete and the most fragile thing she has ever been
, and she has been living like that for the past two years.

Jeongwoo feared that if she finds out the truth she will break once again but this time with a harder impact with the possibility of losing her for good.

"Didn't you say we should go get lunch?" Dea asked him as he snapped out of his thoughts and quickly nodded "yeah we should, what do you wanna get?" Jeongwoo asked as they walked away but before they could go far a series of load screams and the sound of glass shuttering made them look back.

It was the claw machine they were at just a minute ago and after a few seconds in came a gun shot which completely broke the machine.

Jeongwoo's eyes widen and quickly looked over to his soulmate "duck" he said as he held her head down and brought her behind the basketball game and quickly dialed a number "guys code red, arcade at the mall".

He looked over to see Dea in pure shock, her eyes were trembling and her breaths weren't stable as she struggled to keep her breaths in pace, she was obviously panicking and all he could do was rub her back hoping it could calm her down or maybe soothe her.

"It's ok Dea, it's ok, help is the way so calm down now ok, nothing bad is going to happen just calm down" just as she was starting to calm down another gun shot was heard "Park Jeongwoo" and then someone shouted the latters name.

"Stay here for a while and don't go out until I say it's safe to go out got it?" He told her while holding her hand "where are you going?" She asked still a bit panicked and confused as to why he wanted to go there when all this gun shots keep coming.

"Just stay here until I come to get you" he replied and let go of her hand as he ran to the area.

After he came out its seems like everyone else had gone and had been assisted out. "Where's my sister?" Doyoung approached him first with two guns on hand "hid her" he simply replied and Doyoung handed the other gun to him and loaded it afterwards.

"Did anyone see you attack?" Hyunsuk asked Jeongwoo while looking around incase the attacker suddenly comes out "no, I purposely waited for you guys so we're good" he replied holding his gun tight.

"Gun shots came from two sides of the place, from the counter and the opposite direction"

"Ok then, me and dream will take the counter and you guys take the opposite" Mark instructed and the team was quick to follow and soon enough they were ready to attack.