Fourteen.

"Lane..." I woke up with a dizzy head. I tried to stand but someone stopped me, it took me seconds to realize it was Kelly. I held his hand.

"Kelly, I miss you." Medyo napapaos kong wika.

He felt my forehead. "You're sick, sana sinabi mo. I called someone na to buy medicine and all." He said then put a towel in my forehead.

"T-thank you, Kelly." I'm still sleepy.

"Sleep first, I will wake you up kapag dumating na yung soup and medicine..." I saw how worried he is. I smiled at him.

I nod then closed my eyes. I dozed off in an instant. It's been so long since I've been sick. The doctor said I'm almost beta now and I can't get pregnant anymore, that's why I don't get my heat anymore. Nagkaroon ng komplikasyon nung nakunan ako at nawala yung isa sa kambal. I almost lost Mallory but we fought.

Nagising ako nung ginising ulit ako ni Kelly. He was worried with me. He's always the one who worries about me the most.

  "You need to eat na so you can drink your meds, Lane. I told the kids you're just resting..." He said habang nilalagay sa harap ko yung chicken soup na dala niya tapos may water and apple juice kasama ng gamot.

I started eating. "Thank you, Kelly."

He was staring at me. I could hear his phone buzzing. "You could answer that, you know." I said in between of my eating.

I saw him turn off his phone then shook his head. "Doesn't matter... I wonder why did I put myself into these situations nowadays."

Tahimik lang kami after kong kumain at uminom ng gamot. Inayos niya na ulit lahat nilagyan niya na din ako ng fever patch.

"You can tell me what happened when you're not sick. I'm willing to wait. Wala naman akong schedule ngayon, anyway Vane's wedding. Can you still come with me? It's this week though." Nag-aalala niyang tanong sa akin. He was peeling oranges. I know the signs when he's frustrated. He couldn't keep his hands still.

"I saw the way Carlisle looks at you." Panimula ko. I wasn't stupid, I know things would change once two friends sleep together.

He stopped moving then looked at me like he was caught doing something he shouldn't do. Then he shooked his head, he smiled but didn't reached his eyes,"Grael is... He's that one thing that used to be the right thing in my messed up world you know. We were friends-I wouldn't want to ruin him and yet I did. I don't know if it was my fault or his fault. Just... I can't do this right now. To him, I just got out of my relationship and had to attend my ex's wedding..." I saw him looked at me but not really looking at me like he was here but he's mind is somewhere else. I saw the pain he was hiding. I held his hand to console him but I knew it wasn't enough.

"Vane hurt me so much that I knew in an instant that I really am a beta and Grael-- I couldn't do that to him... I just... You know his mom called me to set up a date to his supposed marriage partner... That's--T-That's where he belong, Lane."

"Does he said that? He keeps on looking for you. He cares for you, Kelly. He's a nice guy, give him a chance-"

"I can't, Lane. You know I can't. He's an alpha and what he needs is an omega not me. We're friends, we are friends you know that." He keeps on saying the word friends like it wasn't me who he has to convince like he was convincing his self that was they could ever be.

"Do you... do you like him? Yung totoo, Kelly."

He looked at me but didn't answer me. He just sighed. I know the feeling of wanting something that wasn't intended for you. I smiled bitterly before starting to tell him what happened.

"Morrigan, she saw his dad k-kissing someone else..." Hirap parin akong iproseso lahat kaya siguro nilagnat din ako. I saw how stunned he was. Hinawakan niya ng mahigpit kamay ko.

"You don't have to tell me now, you're still sick babe. Baka lalo tumaas lagnat mo." Concern niyang wika sa akin pero umiling lang ako. If I wouldn't tell this to anyone I feel like I would explode and all.

"Yeah, can you believe his reason? He was just tempted by the pheromones, I mean he is a dominant Alpha when was he swayed by a mere omega's pheromones? I was just thinking maybe this was my karma... for wanting someone I wasn't meant to love."

He hugged me,"Oh dear, it's not your fault, it's never your fault. You do not deserve the pain for loving someone. It's his fault, never accept that the way you were treated is what you have to settle in. So what's your plan? I'm with you all the way."

I looked at the ring."I'm thinking of leaving the country to find myself. I need to leave the kids para mapalapit siya sakanila. Do you think the kids would understand me?"

Hinaplos niya yung buhok ko. "Of course they would. They love you so much, you're their father. It will never change, Lane..."

I spent my days just laying on my bed and sleeping. I quit my job on Chateu. I can't think at all, I feel so lost. I love my kids but I feel like I'm loosing myself, I don't understand anymore. All I can think of is I'm so tired of everything. My flu got better after 3 days so I called my mom just to talk to the kids and boy they're crying and all. Molly says she misses me but she wasn't really concerned. Hindi niya pa kasi naiintindihan yung mga nangyayari kaya hinayaan ko. Mom says Heegan wasn't going out always with the kids even when they were ignoring him. Achelous started ignoring his daddy too. I didn't want them to do that.

"Kelly tell me what should I do? I'm so tired of everything. Gusto ko lang naman sumaya pero bakit parang ang hirap..." Mahinang wika ko sakaniya. He would go back in forth for me just to have someone with me. He isn't still talking to Carlisle and all. He looked at me, tulala kasi siya. Akala ko nga di niya ako maririnig e. I saw him play with his fingers.

"What does even happiness means? Maybe we weren't getting the happiness that we want because we keep on expecting more. Keep having those illusions and such. I don't know honestly me too, I'm tired and the only thing that keeps me going was you and the kids... And Grael. Gods... And my endgame with Vane..." I saw him wipe a tears. I almost hugged him but I stopped myself I needed him to tell my something or anything that he feels because he keeps on bottling it up inside him. I'm afraid it'll get too heavy and he couldn't take that if it's too much.

"I loved him you know love him enough to give him my heart despite knowing he'll leave me for someone else. I-I a-almost begged him to stay, almost lost my mind. Then I remember you, what you went through and I didn't want that to happen with someone else..." He shooked his head like waking himself from his illusions and all.

He smiled at me, he keeps on doing that. Keeps on giving his fake smile. He closed his eyes while tears fall. "Maybe that's why happiness is so close yet so far to us because we were never contented... We always want something we cannot have."