Get This Right

Don't fuck this up.

Don't fuck this up...

Alyssa looked very awkward and nervous.

Malamig ang kamay saka parang umiikot ang mundo nito.

"You okay?"

She looked up only to see Dennise, her long time girlfriend ask her with concern look on her face.

"Y-yeah... Why wouldn't I be?" She answered rather quickly.

Dennise pursed her lips but still, put a comforting hand on top of hers. "Masama ba pakiramdam mo? Sabi ko naman kasi hindi mo na kailangan pang i-date ako eh. Sakto na yung sa bahay lang sana tayo. Wala rin naman ibang occasion. It's okay if you feel under the weather, love."

Alyssa took a sip of her wine and smiled at Dennise. Her ever so sweet and kind love. "No, Den. You deserve this. You've been so busy at the hospital lately and we almost don't see each other... Also, this is so I could indulge you, my hero doctor who does almost everything in this time of pandemic."

Dennise blushed at what Alyssa said but she felt the latter's ice cold hand. "Are you sure you're okay? Ang lamig lamig ng kamay mo. Kung giniginaw ka we can go home na."

Eyes wide, biglaang inalis ni Alyssa ang kamay na nakapaibabaw sa mesa at hawak ni Dennise. She tipped her glass of water too much kaya naman nabasa ang baba nya at saka ang damit nya. "Oh! No..."

Dennise is quick to get a napkin to dab her chin and her neck.

"Tsk... Para ka pa ring bata kung uminom no?"

Napatitig si Alyssa sa kamay ni Dennise na nagpupunas sa kanya.

"Oh? Bakit ka nakatulala dyan?"

She cleared her throat. Maybe this is the right time... "Ehem... So, I was-"

She was cut off when a waiter came by their table. "May problema po ba?"

Alyssa blinked.

Ha?

It's not you, it's me
The timing and the setting aren't what I thought they'd be
There's probably someone better for you out there anyway

"Oh, she's just got an accident. Pwede ba makahingi ulit ng glass of water? And... Table napkin maybe?" Dennise requested.

The waiter smiled politely and nodded as he went inside the restaurant to get what she requested.

"So what were you saying?"

"Ano... Yung..." Alyssa fished the tiny box she was sure she placed... Somewhere...

She first dug on her slacks pocket.

"Yung?"

"Giniginaw ako... Haha." Kamot ulo pa si Alyssa saka tinigil ang paghahanap muna dahil kaagad ding nakabalik ang waiter at binigay yung mga hiningi ni Dennise. Sya na rin yung nagpunas sa sarili nya dahil nakakahiya naman.

Para naman may iba syang pagkaabalahan other than being nervous no?

"Giniginaw ka? Do you wanna take my blazer?" Dennise started to take it off pero she waved her hands no.

"Naku, wag na love. Ano lang, maginaw bigla kasi dun sa tubig." She sighed deeply then started eating.

Maybe I just need some space
No, I should just come out and say

"So, as I was saying... You've been so busy saving lives in this pandemic. We rarely see each other na. I mean... Not like we dont really see each other. We see each other. Just not that often..." Biglang nanlaki ang mata nya nung makita na bumaba ang tingin ni Dennise. "But! But you know, it's fine! You know... Alam ko na you're doing your duties as a doctor. And I love that about you... I promise, love."