Friend

Author's Note: Lol. This was meant to be an update before or on November 1... But joint pains and some updates from other stories i follow? Di late na naman na update from me 😅

Anyway. Disclaimer that this is just fiction. Nawa'y walang lumabas sa kahit ano mang ibang platform, buddies. I beg of you 🙏🏽

Also, Alexa, play Creep by Radiohead

*****

When you were here before
Couldn't look you in the eye

Dennise felt eyes on her as she sip on her cup of coffee. She sighed. This was supposed to be a rest day for her as the league just come to an end. She was supposed to have a time for herself, a cup of coffee on her favorite cafe and just peace.

She look around but she saw no one.

Okay, Dennise. Baka naman guni-guni mo lang yon. No one's looking at you. No one's going to disturb your me time.

She sighed again.

This time, a sigh of relief for she knows her peace is still undisturbed.

She looked ahead of her and when the person in front of her moved and leaned to her left, she saw someone who wasn't supposed to be there.

Sitting few tables away from her.

Her breath hitched as the person sipped from her own cup but still looking straight ahead. Not looking at her way.

Hyperventilating, she started dialling LA's number.

But he's not answering her calls. Probably still on his team training.

With shaking hands, she left him a text instead that says: Andito na naman sya. Call me as soon as you read this please.

Okay, Dennise. Calm yourself. You shouldn't make a scene in public now. She's not doing anything yet. Calm down and clear your head.

Pacifying herself, she started counting in mentally while breathing deep in and out.

Trying to be brave, she sneak a peek at the person again. They're still calmly having a cup of coffee but she knows damn well that that's not the case.

She knows that she's here for her.

She knows.

*****

You're just like an angel
Your skin makes me cry
You float like a feather
In a beautiful world

Scrawny kid with shoe size too big for her, one who has bad posture, shy eyes and timid smile.

That's what Alyssa is. Despite getting herself a scholarship in volleyball varsity team, she never made it to the starting line up, most of the time a bench warmer and someone who they put in when it's already a hopeless case of a game.

Being a probinsyana didn't help either.

Her kababata who made it as the team's main setter found herself a group of friend who won't tolerate a loser of a friend.

So she mostly kept to herself.

Until she saw her.

She learned that afternoon that she's a middle blocker of CSA Makati.

Nagkabanggaan lang sila but the girl smiled at her kindly and apologized.

She's wearing contacts and her bangs are cute.