The One

AN: #SamLy naman para maiba 😂. Also, listen to Kodaline's The One. Para mapatunayan ko sa inyong hindi ako puro pananakit 😹

Game!

*****

It wasn't like she's searching for love.

She's not.

Hindi rin sa sumuko na sya sa pag-ibig. Not really. Nagpapahinga? Could be.

Fell in love with her best friend who happened to be straight with a boyfriend who is now her husband.

It's tough. She tried dating other people once. She tried playing abroad just so she won't see her for a while. Out of sight out of mind nga di ba?

And maybe it worked.

Ang pagmamahal ay pagpaparaya is what they say. She loves her so she has to be able to accept that she's not the one who's making her loved one happy.

Wala syang karapatan in the first place.

Would it be different if they were at least mutual understanding?

She wouldn't know. Because that simply didn't happen.

What happened was she got married.

Does she know that she loves her more than friends? Heck yeah. It's why some years after college they got drifted apart for a bit.

But now she's just glad she got her besh back.

"Ow!"

"Oh, I'm so sorry..." Alyssa exclaimed as she was quick on her feet to help the one she bumped with. "Are you okay?"

She asked when the lady's already up on her feet. She accepted the purse that she picked on the sidewalk na nahulog nung nagkabanggaan sila.

"Yes, I'm okay. I'm sorry I wasn't watching it."

Alyssa's eyes widen. "Oh! No, it's totally my fault. Dapat tumitingin ako sa dinadaanan ko but apparently, I'm... Zoning out. Hehe."

She bashfully scratched her neck.

Too embarrassing.

The lady though smiled kindly. "It's both our fault then... Di rin naman ako tumitingin sa dinaraanan ko."

"Uhm... I feel bad though. I think kailangan ko bumawi? At some point? Gusto mo ba magkape muna? My treat?" She boldly asked. She's not at all trying to flirt or something. But sabi nga sa kanta di ba? It started over coffee?~

The lady though frowned and looked at her watch. "Oh, I'm so sorry but I have an appointment pa kasi eh. Actually, I'm quite late ba. And really, it's okay."

Alyssa nodded.

"Okay. Uh... Sana hindi ka ma... Late lalo??"

The lady laughed at what she said and she swears that's the loveliest laugh she ever saw and heard.

*****

"I met the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." She announced as she sat on the chair across Ella and beside Dennise.

"What?!" Ella chuckled. "Eh pano kami? Hindi pala kami ni Dennise yung most beautiful women na nakita mo?"

Alyssa just rolled her eyes as if to say, 'you get my point'.

Kaya tinawanan lang sya nila Dennise at Ella.

She huffed. "No, really. She's very beautiful. Like very very beautiful. She could even be a Miss Universe, beshies."