One

AN: Continuation of... I dont even remember what anymore 😂. No, maybe uh... Restless (??) But yeah. One by Ed Sheeran. I mean... College me cried over his songs from his album Multiply. And i remember reading a oneshot (twoshot) like this na alyden naman so... Why the heck not lnrs kung parehas naman sila mapanakit, right??? Righhhhhhtttt??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 But yeah. #TheOn or #lnrs.

But yeah. Alexa, play One by Ed Sheeran.

*****

Tell me that you turned down the man
Who asks for your hand
'Cause you're waiting for me

It's been months since Leon told Therese that they still can't be together. At least not for the next six years. Three months since Therese has been declared one of the winning senators of the last elections.

When she turned down Therese's promise to leave him for her. When she tried to convinced Therese to try to make things work with the latter's current boyfriend.

And here is Eleonor, smiling on the outside but definitely her heart broke into thousand pieces as she listens to Hyacinth gush about how her Tito Nelson asked for their permission na daw to marry their mom. Hyacinth said that while the man hasn't said anything about specific date to propose yet, the young lady has been very positive about her mom saying yes since the guy has been there for their mom and their lives for a while now and even her mom has been very comfortable than ever with him as of lately.

This isn't how Leon imagined her Sunday would be. She thought she'd have a very normal rest day after weeks of ground work. But then she was greeted by Hyacinth who saw her outside the bookstore where she's in. Syempre, she's still very much attached to Therese's kids especially her bunso. But then again, hearing all that made it seem like she was talking to Patricia way back in law school yet again.

And yet it was different.

While she felt hurt because it's true that Therese and Nelson has been going strong after elections, this time, Therese didn't say she'll marry him yet.

Not yet.

This wasn't like before. Unlike with Henry before, she has the chance to still turn things around.

*****

And I know, you're gonna be away a while
But I've got no plans at all to leave

Therese arrived at her house after yet another senate session. Pagod na pagod sya and would very much appreciate it if she could eat and sleep without any hitch for the night.

Mag-isa nya lang ngayon sa bahay because her kids decided to go out of town without their dear old mom so solo nya ang bahay.

But something just outside the gate caught her eyes.

"Baba na muna ako Manong Pedring." She told their family driver. The old man nodded and let her out then proceeded to enter the property as their kasama sa bahay opened the gate for him.

She went closer to the thing.

Nakabalot ang katawan ng potted sunflower plant with purple wrap.

She then picked it up at sumunod na papasok sa gate.

She carefully put the potted plant on the table on their yard and examined it. Therese saw quite huge card tucked neatly on the wrappings and so, she plucked it.