One More Day

AN: Continuation of All I Want. Set months after Bea's finals championship. Tapos na ang UAAP playing years nya and it's been 2 years since the plane crash.

Please play the media din po 🙏🏽 di pwedeng ako lang makarinig nyan this day 😂

*****

"Bei?"

Bea turned to look at her mom. "Yes, mom?"

"You haven't read it yet, didn't you?"

Bea pursed her lips then clenched her jaw.

"No, mom..." She answered shortly. "I didn't. I can't."

She saw her mom wet her lips then blinked back tears.

"Whatever happened to I'll move on on my own timeline, mom?" Bea asked. Hindi pa man sinasabi ng nanay nya yung gusto nyang sabihin, alam na yon ni Bea. "Let me grieve on my own, mom. Please. I beg of you."

"I'm just saying that I'm here. Alvin too. You shouldn't be doing this on your own, sweetheart." Dennise reached a hand to touch her daughter's cheek. "Okay. Fine. Hindi na kita pipilitin na basahin yung sulat. Matulog ka na, Bei. Gabi na."

Bea sighed then nodded at her mom saka umakyat papunta ng kwarto nya. She looked at her night stand. On that drawer contains a letter that was found on her Mama's vault. She and Alvin both got personal written letters. While her mom's got a small box where it contains their wedding ring.

She pulled the drawer open and pulled the creme colored envelope still neat and untouched.

She sighed then brought the letter with her as she sat on her beanbag that's located near her window.

With only the light from her lampshade and the moonlight, Bea looked up to the night sky and played with the letter at hand.

Nahihirapan syang buksan ang sulat.

She knows how she treated her Mama. It was bad.

She's rude, mean and intentionally hurt her feelings everytime.

That for the things that wasn't really her doing.

Only Alvin was kind and trusty of her enough to believe that she didn't really do anything bad.

In her mind, it was Alvin who deserved every bit of their Mama's last words.

She sighed again.

"Would it be silly to wish one day? One night? An hour... A minute with you, Ma?" She whispered. "Just one moment with you? I just want to tell you that I love you? That I don't really hate you like what I told you and made you feel? One day, Mama. One day."

She felt her eyelids heavy.

Being emotionally drained, she never really felt physical tiredness anymore. She never really felt sleepy. She falls asleep every night. But she would wake up more tired.

Their grieve counselor said it's probably leading towards depression. She feels like it. But in her head, she deserves it all.

Hindi na nya namalayan ang oras.

"Bea." She felt gentle taps on her arm.

Her eyes fluttered open. "Bei, wake up love."

Disoriented, Bea screwed her eyes shut for a second then opened it only to see the figure of her Mama smiling at her.

"Mama?"

"It's me, supahstar..." She smiled, eyes crinkling and dimples showing. "How are ya, sweetheart?"