One II

AN: I dont even know what in doing anymore, man 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Very short na kasunod ng One. Like, agad-agad and im thinking maybe i HAVE to have some sort of detox from theon/lnrs cuz again, this feels like alyden all over again, man. 😆 Hoping mapanindigan ko cuz i have 3 main fanfictions to make bawi :)

*****

Their mom wasn't able to go home on her birthday. Their bunso, Lily's still has very hectic work schedule. While Janine's having a hell week as she calls it at school.

So while she's also busy and has work, Aya decided to fly to the US on the week of their Mama's birthday.

It's supposed to be a surprise. They've been trying to be secretive about it and mukhang hindi naman din sila mabubuko dahil sobrang busy nga din ng nanay nila. She actually managed to get to Boston na without their mom sensing their surprise.

Only, hindi sya yung na-surprise. No, not really. Dahil pagdating nya, saka naman sya nakatanggap ng tawag from her sister na sinugod daw sa ospital ang Mama nila.

*****

Janine held her Mama's warm hand in hers.

She just had, probably the biggest scare of her life. Nawala na sa kanila ang Papa nila, she couldn't afford to lose her mom too. Not when she still haven't able to spoil her yet. Not when she's not able to take care of her yet.

Not yet, Ma...

Harvard was considerate enough to give her a week off to take care of her mom and also to shoulder the hospitalization.

Cause she won't be able to pay for it. Lily and their Ate for sure. But not her.

"Ma?" It was like a whisper. "Wag nyo kaming iwan. Not yet."

*****

Aya quickly asked for her mother's room and was quickly assisted naman also while trying to contact Janine. Nakausap na din nya si Lily and she's on her way na din daw.

Pagdating sa floor kung saan yung room ng Mama nila, she slowly peered through the glassed window.

Janine was there beside their mom holding her hand while their mom's unconscious.

Dahan dahan sya nagbukas ng pinto and Janine, as soon as she saw her, bolted out of the chair and hugged her.

"Ano daw ang nangyari?" She asked her sister.

"Overfatigue daw sis eh." They both turned to stare at their mom. "Ewan ko din kasi kay Mama. Ang kulit kulit. Trabaho dito sa Harvard then nag-eentertain pa ng ilang virtual events."

Aya smiled at her sister and gently rubs her back, trying to calm her down. "It's okay... She'll be okay. For sure after this, mabibigyan na sya ng mandatory rest."

"Naman, Ate. Hindi ko talaga paghahawakin ng panlinis si Mama. Dumagdag pa yon sa pagod nya eh." Janine frowned but still followed her sister when she coaxed her to sit again. "Si Lily nasa biyahe na daw. I think nasabi na din nya kanila Tita and Tito yung nangyari."

"Oo yun nga ang sabi kanina nung tumawag sa akin. Others back home naman nabalitaan din yata so marami na din ako natanggap na messages." Aya said. "Hindi ko na nga lang mareplyan pa kasi pagod na pagod na din ako."

Janine sighed. Oo nga pala. For sure galing din sa klase ang ate nya before her flight. Kaya naman lumabas na muna sya para bumili ng pagkain.

*****

When everyone has calmed down and their mother finally gained consciousness, the two sisters explained what happened and that she's now on mandatory rest week. Janine's orders.