Chapter six ⁶ | Sandwiches

The very next day Milo was in his kitchen half ready rinsing one of his cats food bowls clean, he'd just finished feeding Milk and Sugar their wet food for breakfast

The very next day Milo was in his kitchen half ready rinsing one of his cats food bowls clean, he'd just finished feeding Milk and Sugar their wet food for breakfast. Placing the cleaned bowl on the drying rack. The kitchen speaker played some mellow lofi music. Glancing over at the clock on the microwave making sure to take away two hours from the actual time since the microwave's time settings were wrong. Biting his lip in thought knowing if he stayed any longer at home he would be late for school.

He didn't want to be late and face the wrath of his form teacher, Mr Lang but he also wanted to do one more thing before leaving. Two seconds later he decided, moving over to the fridge. He'd noticed Charlie's lack of appetite so he wanted to make Charlie a sandwich as well, he may not be good at cooking but Milo made really good sandwiches. On the rare occasion he actually made them.

Wiping his wet hands on his school pants, wet from washing them after cleaning the bowls, opening the fridge door and grabbing out the things he needed. Ending up making the sandwiches for himself, Charlie and Nick. He'd made Nick one since he was also going to be there in his form, totally no other reason for it...

Once finished Milo shoved everything back in the fridge and ran out the door locking it before racing down the street with his bag slung over one of his shoulders. Milo once again glad he only lived five minutes away from his school.

Getting through the school gate just as he heard the school bell ringing signalling form to begin. Even sprinting didn't get him past his form room doorway in time. He was three minutes late. Milo gives his form teacher a sheepish smile and short breathless apology, trying to catch his breath. Mr Lang still gave him a mini lecture on tardiness, Milo nodding to show he agreed and understood though in reality he was not listening one bit.

From across the room Nick went to sit in his assigned spot next to Charlie glancing over at the teen with a friendly smile. Charlie looks over at him as well, his mind drifting, thinking up bad scenarios about Nick and Milo finding out his crush on them.

Nick looked at him in this daydream as if he was a little uncomfortable saying quite bluntly.

"Sorry. I'm definitely straight, like I only like girls. We should probably stop being friends if you feel like that."

Charlie's daydream panned over to Milo's usual spot where he was sitting awkwardly drumming his fingers against the table avoiding looking directly at Charlie as if trying to come up with a response, which he did while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Uh, sorry Charlie. I do like guys as well but I don't like you like that, like not at all. But hey we can still... be friends?" Milo's words end in more of a question than anything like he'd rather be anywhere else than at their table in form class. Of course this was just all Charlie's imagination as he daydreamed up the scenario.

"Charlie." Nick's actual voice shook Charlie out of his horrible daydream.

"What?" Charlie asked, blinking trying to properly focus.