Chapter thirteen ¹³ | Tie

At the end of the night Milo could feel the ache in his cheeks from smiling so much, he hoped Charlie had as much fun since it had been the teens birthday celebration

At the end of the night Milo could feel the ache in his cheeks from smiling so much, he hoped Charlie had as much fun since it had been the teens birthday celebration. Everyone leaving through the entrance still talking to each other and having fun.

Milo talked with Tao with a goofy smile on his face turning to look ahead of them but stopped noticing a very familiar car. The others stopped as well since they were all going to be picked up. Milo grabs his phone out of his back pocket hastily clicking the side button only to see the message notifications and two missed calls from his father, swallowing down his nerves.

Turning on his heels to give everyone another smile hoping nothing felt off about his actions as he decided it was time to say goodbye for the night.

"I'm gonna head out now guys, my father is picking me up and is already here." Milo explained pointing behind him towards his dad's car.

"Milo's dad is picking him up? Is there a blood moon today?" Tao joked looking up into the dark sky to check the moon dramatically, that looked like it always did.

"Wait so Milo's dad is real? I thought he'd become a myth at this point." Elle played along with Tao's joke, everyone watching amused.

"Haha, very funny. Bye guys and I hope you had a good birthday Charlie." Milo refrained from rolling his eyes at the corny jokes, moving to give everyone quick hugs before turning with a wave to jog over to his dad's car.

Milo's dad gets out from the driver's seat saying something the others couldn't hear to Milo who nods looking down at the ground before moving to get into the passenger seat flashing his friends one more smile and wave. Milo's father looked over at them with a quick smile of his own and nod of his head in greeting before getting back into the driver's seat.

"So that's what he looks like." Charlie spoke remembering when Nick had asked him about Milo's father before.

"They don't look very alike." Isaac pointed out assuming now that Milo looked more like whatever his mother looked like before she'd passed when he was a kid.

"They have the same coloured hair." Nick points out the only thing he could see that had been similar.

Milo's dad pulls out of the parking lot and drives away, Milo not making conversation by the looks of it as he just closes his eyes leaning his head back against the seat rest.

"What's his name again?" Tao asks either forgetting the name or Milo had never mentioned it to him.

"No idea." Elle shook her head.

Though the five of them moved on from the topic quickly and one by one got picked up and left after having a great day.

• • • • • • •

"So you're going to ignore my phone calls now?" Milo's father asked after five minutes of silent driving. Milo not replying, eyes still closed as he sat there.