Chapter eleven ¹¹ | Dates

"No

"No... nooo." Tao complained as he landed on a place Charlie owned, not wanting to give him the monopoly money, stubbornly wanting to win as per usual.

"Give it over. Thank you." Charlie laughed, taking the monopoly money Tao owed him for landing on a space he owned giddy since he was so close to winning against Tao.

Tao and Charlie being the last two left as Elle, Isaac and Milo had already gone bankrupt in the game and were watching. Isaac laying down on the blanket, Elle sitting between Charlie and Tao and Milo was on the bed since it was right above where they were playing.

"It's nearly midnight, can we please call it a draw?" Elle was the one to finally ask for the game to end.

"No, because I'm clearly winning. I just have unlucky roles." Tao defends why they needed to keep playing.

"No, I'm winning because I have more money." Charlie retorts, showing off the monopoly money he has.

"Money, money, money, money." Milo mutters in Mr Krabs voice while moving so his head was hanging off the bed, hair flopping down and could see what was happening now.

"No, the winner is the superior business person and that's me." Tao argued back using his hand gestures along with what he was saying.

"It's free real estate." Milo muttered to himself thinking about that one meme.

"No, I'm the superior business person seeing as I have more money, which is the goal of monopoly!" Charlie tries proving his point, which he did have a good point.

"You only have more money because you know all the Monopoly cheats!" Tao accused Charlie of cheating, which is hard considering it's monopoly.

"You can't cheat at monopoly!" Charlie wondered how someone could actually cheat at monopoly as he spoke.

Though before the two could further their argument on literally monopoly money Isaac 'accidentally' kicked the board causing all the pieces and cards to go flying, effectively ending the game.

"Oh, whoops." Isaac said obviously not sorry at all for ending the game.

"... Draw?" Charlie was the first to speak offering a tie.

"... Draw." Tao gave in not wanting to but the game was finished anyway, the two shaking hands.

"Thank god... Hey Milo!, your face is going red, stop that." Elle first spoke out of relief the game was finally finished until she made eye contact with Milo, whose head was still hanging off the bed looking dizzy.

"I'm fine, ah Elle get your hand off my, that's my eye! Tao, Elle's poking my eye!" Milo tries to avoid Elle's attempts at pushing his head back up complaining to Tao who only watched amused, Charlie having to break it up and shove Milo's head back up.

• • • • • • •

"There's never a good time to tell someone their crush is going on a date with someone else. And I just don't like Nick. I've seen him with those nasty year elevens at the school gate. If they say anything mean about Charlie or Milo... I'm going to crush them." Tao explained to Elle since they were alone in Charlie's room now sitting on his bed.