Chapter twelve ¹² | Lane seventeen

It was time to do some bowling and everyone was excited

It was time to do some bowling and everyone was excited. Playing bowling was a lot harder to do than it looked, especially when there are no guards to stop your ball from going into the gutter. Charlie went first and got no bowling pins as his bowling ball got caught in the gutter. A round of noise from the group going around.

"That was close!" Nick praised clapping his hands once.

"Oh no." Elle said at the same time.

"It's alright you've got another turn." Milo encouraged Charlie when he walked back over.

Isaac goes next getting a few pins in the middle but on his next turn he gets the bowling ball straight into the gutter. Isaac and Charlie grinning at each other remembering just how hard bowling can be.

Tao was up next doing some inner zen styled thing that looked a little abnormal causing Charlie to ask what Tao was even doing. Tao just goes for it hoping to knock over a bowling pin but the ball goes into the gutter.

"That's it! I'm not doing it anymore! No more, no more, no more." Tao sulked his way back while Milo moved over to make more room for him to sit, patting Tao's shoulder while Elle reassured him there were still a lot more turns to get good scores.

Nick's turn came up and on his first turn he knocked down nearly all the pins except for two. Charlie and Milo jumping up cheering with the others.

"Yes, come on!" Nick celebrated hands going up in the air as he turned to look at everyone walking over to them.

"You did it!" Charlie cheered while Milo praised him at the same time with a "Well done!"

Charlie went in for a hug automatically but stopped himself with a quick and quite sorry. Though Milo just shook his head amused, chuckling before patting Nick's shoulder and then Charlie's on his way back to his seat.

Elle getting a strike first turn caused Milo to jump up cheering while Tao who'd been standing cheered even louder shaking Milo's shoulders in over excitement since he was the nearest thing there to grab.

It was then Milo's turn and he walked up to the place where you could choose your bowling ball, grabbing and holding it with his right hand. He usually or at least last time used his left hand but that wasn't an option today. Luckily no one noticed or remembered as he moved towards the line.

Milo took the shot straight away holding his breath slightly as he watched the bowling ball roll down the lane managing to knock over half the bowling pins. Milo turned to give his friends a cute giddy smile and grabbed another bowling ball to take his second turn but only ended up knocking one pin out.

"You nearly got it!" Charlie reassured Milo.

"Next time." Nick also encouraged Milo from where he stood.

"At least you knocked down some pins." Tao sulked out.

Milo was not pouty about his bad second turn since he was having fun, walking back over to the group.